JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a bunch of these- 1952 Yugoslavian 8x57 Mauser surplus ammo. $5 per box of 15 rounds.

Added: by a bunch, I mean somewhere around 80 boxes.

8mm Yugo.jpg

Last Edited:
In response to a question from a member here, I took a couple boxes of this ammo and three rifles to the range this afternoon.

I google 50's Yugo ammo to see mixed reviews going back a decade or two, everything from "Fired thousands, it's great ammo", to lots of stories of hard primers and misfires, and some bad stories of cracked brass.

I fired a fair amount back in the day and remember having to replace the firing pin spring in one rifle to make it work reliably, but otherwise no particular troubles. I wanted to burn up a couple boxes today to refresh my memory.

I had no cracked cases at all. I had no misfires in either my nice Yugo M48 or my Turk Mauser with the new firing pin spring. I did have some misfires in the old Turk Mauser with the original firing pin spring, but those went off when I put tried them again in one of the other rifles. New Wolff firing pin springs are about $8.

From the scare stories I read I wouln't shoot them in a semi-auto, but I have no fear shooting them in a good bolt action. It is old ammo so I can't guarantee never any problems, but it works fine for me. Anyone that's close enough and has time is welcome to join me at the range to try it out, in my rifle or yours.

Anyone that wants the whole works can have them for 30 cents per round.

IMG_4147[1].jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.