JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the replies. I need more info tbh, such as what to look for and all. I really like the Mauser, no idea about them beyond that the ones I've shot had a smooth action.

Well, someone had a posting for a yugo for $240 nearby on Armslist. If he replies I'll get that, other than that there's no other option available. :/

Check Cabellas in Tigard, and The Pawn shop on T.V. hyway near 185th. I have seen several pretty good ones at both places not that long ago! Cabellas had a really nice Husquvarna with exceptional sights and a super clean bore for under $400! I really should have grabbed that one!

Its not for hunting, just wanted a Mauser, or at least a clone of one. The fact that the 8mm is plenty enough for most of what's in the U.S is just a side bonus. I'm not gonna scope it or anything tbh.

Its not for hunting, just wanted a Mauser, or at least a clone of one. The fact that the 8mm is plenty enough for most of what's in the U.S is just a side bonus. I'm not gonna scope it or anything tbh.

In the past there were nut-crazy young German males that took old Mausers to German Kenya and shot 'everything dangerous' just for Schnitzels and Giggles...a few survived due to bullet placement and in the process proved you can kill an elephant w/an 8mm FMJ with a 50% survival rate (survival of the shooter). If the shooter failed he was either crushed underfoot or skewered on a tusk, death on the tusk would have taken hours, maybe days.
You go to war with the rifle that is in your hand.

I think I bought one of these when they were first being imported brand new for $250 at big-5. It was a fun gun at the time, took it all over the country, shot a lot of stuff with it. But I sold off a lot of my surplus rifles years ago, when I was buying some new toys. I think I was able to get $350 for mine, but it came complete with all the stuff... bayo, original cleaning kit, and all the other bits, and I threw in a bunch of romanian ammo I had. I think $300 is a fair price if it's got all the stuff with it. 8mm ammo isn't as cheap as it was back then.

Well I might be buying one for $240 if the crown looks good. Tbh this'll just be something to look at until I can afford a German one to hang on the wall.

And to occasionally shoot. And maybe charge at intruders with a bayonet if I can find one. ;)

Called the guy on armslist. If the crown looks good in the photo I'll be buying a Mauser for $240. $270 if we have a FFL transfer it, but that's only optional (for now).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top