Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

8mm Mauser M24/47

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Boboclown, May 16, 2016.

1. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

I like mausers, no idea about them though. Is it worth $299 or should I pass on it?

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Ehh. A bit high on a Yugo in my opinion. They are decent guns, but not my favorite...

Boboclown and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Boboclown

So what would be a better price for one?

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

in my puter Post #1is just one sentence w/no pic or info about rifle???
    Personally I love the 8mm mauser

Boboclown and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

They are slowly going up in price. I've seen quite a few around $300 these days. Lots of them have pristine bores.

Boboclown likes this.
  6. Boboclown

Thanks for the replies. I need more info tbh, such as what to look for and all. I really like the Mauser, no idea about them beyond that the ones I've shot had a smooth action.

7. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I saw several Mosins in a GS today for $229. Depending on condition that Mauser could be worth it.

Brutus Out

erudne and Boboclown like this.
  8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

For a Yugo, I'd be happier around $250...

Boboclown likes this.
  9. Boboclown

Well, someone had a posting for a yugo for $240 nearby on Armslist. If he replies I'll get that, other than that there's no other option available. :/

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

Check Cabellas in Tigard, and The Pawn shop on T.V. hyway near 185th. I have seen several pretty good ones at both places not that long ago! Cabellas had a really nice Husquvarna with exceptional sights and a super clean bore for under $400! I really should have grabbed that one!

Boboclown likes this.
  11. Boboclown

If I was in Oregon (I think that's the state anyways), I would. But I'm still enjoying the "free" life down here.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. Ura-Ki

MY BAD! I'm chillin on my Mountain Here in CO! Just about got the last of my stuff moved the heck out of OryGun!

Boboclown likes this.
  13. Boboclown

Its no biggy. It happens.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Price a 'modern sporter' w/ a cheap plastic stock and then make your decision... the 30-06 is the US equivalent to an 8mm, both will drop an elk or moose

15. Boboclown

Its not for hunting, just wanted a Mauser, or at least a clone of one. The fact that the 8mm is plenty enough for most of what's in the U.S is just a side bonus. I'm not gonna scope it or anything tbh.

16. erudne

In the past there were nut-crazy young German males that took old Mausers to German Kenya and shot 'everything dangerous' just for Schnitzels and Giggles...a few survived due to bullet placement and in the process proved you can kill an elephant w/an 8mm FMJ with a 50% survival rate (survival of the shooter). If the shooter failed he was either crushed underfoot or skewered on a tusk, death on the tusk would have taken hours, maybe days.
    You go to war with the rifle that is in your hand.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ah..........Just love Old Mauser 98's! Kind of my thing!

18. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I think I bought one of these when they were first being imported brand new for $250 at big-5. It was a fun gun at the time, took it all over the country, shot a lot of stuff with it. But I sold off a lot of my surplus rifles years ago, when I was buying some new toys. I think I was able to get $350 for mine, but it came complete with all the stuff... bayo, original cleaning kit, and all the other bits, and I threw in a bunch of romanian ammo I had. I think $300 is a fair price if it's got all the stuff with it. 8mm ammo isn't as cheap as it was back then.

19. Boboclown

Well I might be buying one for $240 if the crown looks good. Tbh this'll just be something to look at until I can afford a German one to hang on the wall.

And to occasionally shoot. And maybe charge at intruders with a bayonet if I can find one. ;)

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Boboclown

Called the guy on armslist. If the crown looks good in the photo I'll be buying a Mauser for $240. $270 if we have a FFL transfer it, but that's only optional (for now).

erudne likes this.