Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

8mm Mauser 98 sporter & .410 savage o/u

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by oldcars, Jul 24, 2010.

1. oldcars

oldcars North Central Oregon Member

Hi, I have 2 guns for sale:

Sporterized (very well) 8mm Mauser KAR 98 in a nice stock (tiny repaired crack in wood behind action that does not effect performance), scope mounts, well done bolt, scope safety, all numbers match. $200

Savage Model 242 .410 over/under double barrel, some wear on wood and metal but not too bad. It looks like one of the old savage double caliber combination guns, exept both barrels are .410 2 3/4" or 3" choke is unkown. $250

Please call me for more info 503-703-2874 or email for pictures austensclassics@yahoo.com I can't send pictures through a P.M. or a responce on the forum so please email me direct or call. I live in Moro Oregon near The Dalles but I will be in Portland tomorrow (sun. july 25) if you want to call and see them. I might be interested in trades up/down for:
    -Mossberg 590A1
    -Smith & Wesson, Ruger or Colt revolvers
    -20" AR upper
    -Mini 14 beater
    -commander sized 1911

2. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

You might check on that old Savage 242 .410. Some of those are worth quite a lot.

3. oldcars

Thanks for the heads up, I looked around on line before I posted the ad and the cheapest one I saw was $395, so I figure $250 should sell it pretty quick. I found another gun I want so I would love to sell these when I am in town tomorrow. I appreciate your looking out for me though!

4. Angler

Angler North Bend, OR Active Member

I'll take the savage.

5. oldcars

The .410 is SPF but I still have a great old hunting Mauser for sale.

6. oldcars

Still have the Mauser, it realy is a nice old sporter, you won't find a better hunting rifle for $200. heck, the action is worth that to build something else on!

7. oldcars

I can't believe nobody has come out to see this rifle yet! I can send pictures to interested parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.