JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should have clarified it was an 870 wingmaster. Anywho...Last year I received substantial walking and hiking exercise primarily for health benefits since I didn't find any grouse. :rolleyes:

So I went to a gun show yesterday and traded for a Remington Wingmaster ( Not Express )
with a 18 inch Improved Cylinder fixed choke barrel and large bead sight.
Walnut ( ? ) stock with no checkering , Remington brown vented recoil pad ...
Chromed bolt , blued steel lifter...

I think that the barrel is a replacement as it is marked for 2 3/4 and 3 inch...but my receiver is marked with a "V" not a "M" for magnum....so hence my thought of a replacement barrel.
Edit to add:
No letter codes are present on the left side of the barrel...
on the underside of the barrel is KT which if it is a misplaced date code makes the barrel from May 1970....

Anyways...
Does anyone know how to date a 870 Wingmaster by the serial number...?
Thank you
Andy
I like the old wingmasters better than the new ones. It's weird about your barrel date stamp code. You are correct that it should be 1970. The V in the serial number would indicate 1979. I just bought one yesterday that was made in 1979. Both barrel code and receiver serial number confirms that. Good old shotguns for sure..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top