JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC06837.jpg
So I have the above shotgun...
Its a 1981 Wingmaster 12 gauge , 18 inch barrel with Improved Cylinder choke , 2 3/4 chamber...
I was thinking of getting a extra 26-28 inch barrel with the Rem-Choke system.
( At some point in time , not the next 5 minutes...:D )
I would like to use the replacement barrel for as much of "All around bird / small game" hunting as I can....

Other than always using a 2 3/4 inch shell , even if the replacement barrel is a 3 inch chamber , is there anything else I need to watch out or look out for...?
Thanks,
Andy

I thought the "ball" was for the "lock" feature on the Rem 870's barrel vs. no balls (OMG!!!) on the Rem 870 Express shotgun's barrel. Look at the caps too. They are different.

As for interchangeability of barrels. Sorry, I don't know.

They may give you a choice of ribbed vs. no rib. So, make sure that you get it how you like it.

Aloha, Mark

Swapping out barrels should not be a problem. For s&g, it was only ~30 bucks, I purchased a 28" ribbed express barrel with rem chokes and it works just fine on my wingmaster. After reading above I had to check and there is a ball on my factory 18" cylinder but not on the 28" express, learned something new.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top