JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my father in law gave me an awesome gift a while back - a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum. The gun belonged to my late brother in law, he found it while going through some of his things. This was their factory camo Turkey gun with a woodland realtree camo job, 24" barrel with chokes. In addition to the long barrel, my bro in law picked up an 18" cylinder bore barrel with a forward rifle sight (wish there was a rear ghost ring or notch sight to match up to it) and a magazine extension tube (Chote, I think) and spring. The gun was wearing a cheap leather and nylon sling (with camo shoulder pad) when I got it - attached to the swivel stud on the front of the standard mag tube cap and the butt stock stud.

Been wanting to pick up another shotgun - so this was a really cool gift. Anywho - I installed the extension tube and shorter barrel - but there's no solid way to attach a two point sling to this shotgun now. I'd like to get another bungee sling like I've got on my AR's - I can make or buy an adapter cuff to attach to the pistol grip portion of the stock, but there's no forward sling attachment point.

I've looked at a few different options out there - Wilson Combat, Magpul, and others make a thin plate that fits between the standard mag tube and the extension that provides an attachment point to clip a sling onto - though some don't look like they'll fit an HK type hook like I prefer on my slings - I've also seen some clamp on devices that attach to the magazine tube and provide pic rails, to which I could attach a Magpul RSA like I have on my rifles.

My other thought was to ghetto something out of paracord to attach a sling too, but don't see it as a viable option really - I can see the paracord getting frayed, cut, or melted if I wind up running a lot of rounds through the gun in one session.

I'd love to see your guys solution to attaching a sling to such a beast.

I hadn't seen the rear adapter - but the front adapter is what I've seen from Wilson, MagPul etc. Have you used these, Rick? The front adapter looks easy enough to install - but I can't tell from the picture if the rear adapter plate just sits between the stock and receiver, or if it requires some smithing to install. It does look like the best, most secure solution I've seen. I like the idea of the rear plate adapter vs using a nylon cuff on the stock to attach the sling to.

I can highly recommend the Magpul plate with the Magpul stock. If you use the factory stock you have to notch it for the plate.... Personally, the Magpul stock is awesome and worth every penny. I don't know if that plate will work with the hook type slings, but you might take a look at the Magpul MS3 Gen 2 slings. They are an awesome single/two point sling that's very easy to adjust. Make sure you look at the Gen 2 slings though, the first ones had a funky adjustment loop which was impossible to tighten with one hand.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top