JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't give us much useful information there, but you can search YouTube just as easy as anyone of us.

Mine had a pretty heavy/gritty trigger. If yours also has that issue, pull the FCG out and very lightly polish the contact points. Simple and straightforward.

You're right the OP was a little lacking.

Almost all guns get better with use ;)

What is rough is the stroke on the pump. I found one Vid- but it was selling a lube - I'd rather resolve the issue than mask it.

When I went to polish the feed ramp on a pistol - I looked and there were a lot of advise videos - get this wheel, use that rouge, this dremel bit is best. And while I was going thru all that someone told me to never mind - to look in my garage to see if I had some Mother's mag polish, which I did, and to use a micro fiber cloth and 15 mins. Saved me a bunch of stuff I didnt' need and got the job done.

I don't want to spend 2 weeks trying to polish the whole inside, and I definitely don't want to hit something I should stay away from. And my shoulder won't take me shooting the hell out of it.

Someone has to have a simple instruction or video on this - right?

I like to buy shotguns off duck hunters and trap shooter. Even an express is wingmaster smooth after years of heavy uses.

Glocks are the same way. I prefer a good used glock with 500-1000 rounds down the pipe.

And stop watching videos and go to the range!

Yes, broken in! With the current cost of ammo. That's $200 to $500. Hence why I like to buy it used

And express 870 takes a few K to smooth out

Plain and stimple. shoot the hell out of it. everything will smooth out in the end. the older and the more used the better IMO

I like to buy shotguns off duck hunters and trap shooter. Even an express is wingmaster smooth after years of heavy uses.

Glocks are the same way. I prefer a good used glock with 500-1000 rounds down the pipe.

And stop watching videos and go to the range!
What this guy is telling you is spot on!

If your shoulder can't handle the recoil of many hundreds of shells over a weekend (who's can out of an 870), sit at home and run the action hard a few thousand times. Sounds stoopid, I know, but this is how 870 "get smooth." Even the "Police" guns aren't super smooth from the factory, they have the good fortune to be used an abused with many thousands of shells over a short period of time. The 870 is basically a pump-action 1100. If you think how fast and hard an 1100 (or 11-87) runs, you're never going to be able to pump an 870 that hard or fast. Just get the gun moving. A lot. No reason to file or hone or lap anything, just pump the gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top