JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a new 870 police magnum recently, trying to determine what I should do as far as upgrades, maybe sights? It's non drilled and tapped unfortunately. I've heard about possible issues with the plastic followers as well? This is my first 870 so I haven't tinkered with them yet. Thanks! A091DB5D-130E-43FE-BE8A-58338B33A550.jpeg A9206230-4F58-4B3A-86BF-F4917A51CA50.jpeg

Just add ammo and shoot. Add a good light if you're going to use it for homeland security.

For many applications bead sights are just fine. Adding rifle sights or ghost rings seems like a good idea in the moment but you seem to loose a lot of the simplicity of the shotgun. Same with red dot sights - I know I shoot a smidgen faster with the T2 on an 870 but not worth the cost of adding it all to a pump gun.

Just me, I do like Vang Comp a lot better than Wilson, so add the safety and follower if you like. Biggest thing is just get it out and shoot it.

For many applications bead sights are just fine. Adding rifle sights or ghost rings seems like a good idea in the moment but you seem to loose a lot of the simplicity of the shotgun. Same with red dot sights - I know I shoot a smidgen faster with the T2 on an 870 but not worth the cost of adding it all to a pump gun.
Not only are they faster, I find they help with putting a slug on target well beyond 100 yards.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top