Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

870 Pistol Grip Idea

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Jul 1, 2012.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a wood pistol grip for an 870 for a long time. I've not been able to find anything, just home built out of a cut up stock. I was thinking, if I had a machine shop mill me an adapter that bolted to an 870, than accepted S&W revolver grips. What do you guts think about it? Reasons it wouldn't work?

2. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

If you've got the coin to make a one of a kind adapter, go for it... but I'd suggest using the most common revolver S&W makes as a pattern, or, the 1911 grip pattern.
    How about taking a plastic shotgun pistol grip, and trimming that down to accept wooden (or whatever) pistol panels?

Hell... have fun with it!

3. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

If you could integrate the recoil reducing mechanism from the Blackhawk or Knoxx stocks I bet you'd have a marketable product.

Gzus and (deleted member) like this.
  4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I tinks you will have splinters in your hand. That's a lot of shock and the plastic would give a little.Not so much for the wood.