1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

870 Pistol Grip Idea

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Jul 1, 2012.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a wood pistol grip for an 870 for a long time. I've not been able to find anything, just home built out of a cut up stock. I was thinking, if I had a machine shop mill me an adapter that bolted to an 870, than accepted S&W revolver grips. What do you guts think about it? Reasons it wouldn't work?
  2. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

If you've got the coin to make a one of a kind adapter, go for it... but I'd suggest using the most common revolver S&W makes as a pattern, or, the 1911 grip pattern.
    How about taking a plastic shotgun pistol grip, and trimming that down to accept wooden (or whatever) pistol panels?

Hell... have fun with it!
  3. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

If you could integrate the recoil reducing mechanism from the Blackhawk or Knoxx stocks I bet you'd have a marketable product.
    Gzus and (deleted member) like this.
  4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I tinks you will have splinters in your hand. That's a lot of shock and the plastic would give a little.Not so much for the wood.