Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

850 yards with a Mosin Nagant?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by MarkSBG, Oct 8, 2009.

1. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

2. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

most of you are too young to remember but the russians ruled the world of long range shootin in the 60's with the mosin nagant, that is the 1000 yd international military matches.

3. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I've actually spoken with the guy a couple times and it's legit. I, personally, have made a 480yd shot with my 91/30, iron sights.

4. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I think the key here is that it's a sniper rifle. He's literally shooting the best-of-the-best Mosin-Nagants.

5. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

In that kind of 'breeze,'those hits are amazeing to me ! I know milsurps can shoot etremely well,but it's more than just the rifle,that's for sure !

nice shooting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Elbert P . Suggins

Elbert P . Suggins Reubens, Idaho New Member

I have a 91\30 and a M44 but only shoot cheap corrosive ammo. We had a trash compactor set out at approx 1000yds measured off. I shot 20 rounds with the open sights set at 1000 meters which was about right and I hit the target which was approx 30in by 18in twice and the rest were all within 15 feet of the target on all four sides. Just using open iron sights I thought that was pretty impressive for a M-N using old military ammo. I didn't do near as well with the M44 so I quit after five rounds.