JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

If I have 1-8 twist, can / should I use this?

Man, that's really going to be pushing it. Good chance your twist is not going to be fast enough to stabilize those bullets.

That said, I get amazing accuracy with 77gr pills out of my 1:9 twist Savage.

Ultimate answer is, you'll have to try it to find out. I would'nt buy a bunch though till you know for sure.

No these are for a 1/7 twist barrel like the 90 SMK. Specialty long range bullet needs a 1/7 twist to stabilize.
Loaded long on or a few thousands off the lands. A real barrel burner. :oops: Short barrel life.

No these are for a 1/7 twist barrel like the 90 SMK. Specialty long range bullet needs a 1/7 twist to stabilize.
Loaded long on or a few thousands off the lands. A real barrel burner. :oops: Short barrel life.
How is the 1:7 twist a barrel burner over the slightly slower twist? I am not aware that long-for-calibre bullets shorten the life of a barrel, only the super fast cartridges like 220 Swift, 6.5-300 Weatherby, to name a few.

How is the 1:7 twist a barrel burner over the slightly slower twist? I am not aware that long-for-calibre bullets shorten the life of a barrel, only the super fast cartridges like 220 Swift, 6.5-300 Weatherby, to name a few.
Yea, it seems counterintuitive to me too. All else being equal, less powder means less barrel erosion is how I figure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top