JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

If I have 1-8 twist, can / should I use this?

Man, that's really going to be pushing it. Good chance your twist is not going to be fast enough to stabilize those bullets.

That said, I get amazing accuracy with 77gr pills out of my 1:9 twist Savage.

Ultimate answer is, you'll have to try it to find out. I would'nt buy a bunch though till you know for sure.

No these are for a 1/7 twist barrel like the 90 SMK. Specialty long range bullet needs a 1/7 twist to stabilize.
Loaded long on or a few thousands off the lands. A real barrel burner. :oops: Short barrel life.

No these are for a 1/7 twist barrel like the 90 SMK. Specialty long range bullet needs a 1/7 twist to stabilize.
Loaded long on or a few thousands off the lands. A real barrel burner. :oops: Short barrel life.
How is the 1:7 twist a barrel burner over the slightly slower twist? I am not aware that long-for-calibre bullets shorten the life of a barrel, only the super fast cartridges like 220 Swift, 6.5-300 Weatherby, to name a few.

How is the 1:7 twist a barrel burner over the slightly slower twist? I am not aware that long-for-calibre bullets shorten the life of a barrel, only the super fast cartridges like 220 Swift, 6.5-300 Weatherby, to name a few.
Yea, it seems counterintuitive to me too. All else being equal, less powder means less barrel erosion is how I figure.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews