JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some things the article doesn't state....
- If 85% of females tested scored as "F" or below...how many barely passed with only a D-?
- How many, if any, scored a B+ or above?

I'd be willing to bet it could be less than the 2.7%(male failure rate) that actually fall into the "competent" range achieving a grade of C+ to A.

Last Edited:
They will lower the testing requirements as soon as we start another war.

The raised the age limits and a few other things last go around because they couldn't get enough new recruits.

Brothers & Sisters bare with me. I have not posted since shortly after the thread burning & the excommunication of another member!!! This thread got my ire up! No offense to anyone. So here it goes..... Maybe I am a lucky man, I have 1 son & 3 daughters, and a wife. 1 of our daughters while serving 3 tours in IRAQ, chewed that same damn sand as any male. She is not a female, she is a United States Marine. She is not a "F" or a "D", She is a double ** A+!!!!!! She was the only female in her platoon!!! Not that,that matters. She is a FK!ng Marine, same as the others, and they treated her with respect, because she earned it!!!

Our Marine is a Veteran. Our Marine is an accomplished Mountaineer. Our Marine is an accomplished award winning body builder. {No steroids, all natural sweat and blood} Our Marine is a College Graduate! Our Marine is a defender of our constitution!!! Our Marine is your Marine!

All of our children I love and respect,they are hard core! I would follow them anywhere!!! My wife, she's hard core too! Gender does not play a role in this family!! Hell our grandchildren love this country, and they shall protect it the same!

For those that perhaps think that women can't serve as well as men do, read your history. WW2 many of women were building the war machine in factories. Many were on the front line. So the question is would you grade them a "F" or "D"? Or would you suggest they had an 85% failure rate? So how do you judge combat? Is it front line? Or is it a fk#ng team effort?

In closing, Syria females have been accomplished snipers, while the men fled! Again, read up people, WW2, women snipers.

Forefathersrback, 100% not in. A 100% not out. Just a 100% me!!!

Forefathersback,
Thanks for sticking around.
Thanks to your daughter and her toughness.

I was active from 75 to 81. Carter administration was trying sex integrating.
The results were both good and bad.
The best attitudes and work habits were from "my" WMs.
That said, I wouldn't allow them to load the trucks.
Didn't see the point in a 110lb WM getting squished under a 250 lb cable reel.
Not when there were 35 otherwise healthy 165 to 200 lb muscled dudes to do grunt work.

Why do the Marines segregate sexes? Because men carry more weight. bigger bones.
Women physically break when subjected to male standards. Hell, men break.
Doesn't make us any less tough. Whomever earns the EGA is special in my eyes.

Last few years we have seen the same arguments by the same crowd that women are equal.
So how to prove or disprove? By measuring. Boot camp is hard, how hard?
25% of the recruits do not graduate. Some get recycled. Some wash-out, some die.

There are exceptional folks that rise head and shoulders above the thundering herd in all branches. Then there are the rest of us (me included). Merging standards doesn't change biology.

Now we know what our daughters and granddaughters are subjected to.
Female POWs are raped.

Respectfully
Rick Benjamin
Semper Fidelis

I don't recall anyone implying that your's or anyone else's daughter in the Corps wasn't a Marine...just that the current combat fitness tests failure rate of 85% is indicative of a failure to recruit qualified females. I'd be willing to bet that the failure of at least half of those 87% could have been predicted by using a simple physical assessment. Too many lack either the conditioning, attitude, or perhaps the ability and desire to push through the dirt and the hurt...Skills and mindset, it appears your daughter possesses those, in spades! This goes for guys too, it's just that their size and strength gets them through.

I hope for the sake of your daughter and her fellow Marines, that survivability if thrust into a combat role isn't negatively impacted. Lets all hope that this recruitment problem won't be solved by the tempting application of a politically expedient
Band-Aid, simply lowering standards to make the "numbers" look good.

All Marines, including our daughters, deserve the most capable
"siblings in arms" that a grateful Nation can provide.

Last Edited:
First I was not a Marine. But I was in the Army. Airborne and Ranger qualified . With combat tours in LRRP/LRSD units. I hope that gives me some merit in this thread LOL.

I am not against females or anyone else for that matter serving in the military , if they can do their job.
But the military has standards for a reason.
Bluntly put if you can't meet those standards you can die , maybe even cause someone else to die.
If a percentage of your force can not meet the standard , it behooves you to re-train and drill them till they can or re-assign them to something that they can do.

Speaking only for myself , when I was in the service I wanted someone on my flanks to be well above standard.
Someone who would carry on no matter what and be able to carry me and my gear out if I was hit.
Hence my going to the Airborne and Ranger Schools. Those schools are tough and have a high drop out rate for a reason.
But the confidence gained , knowledge learned and the pride in graduating a tough school with high standards has served me well all through my life.
If it was easy anyone could do it.

I hope there will be no dropping standards , that the Marines that don't meet the standards are trained and worked with till they do.
If you serve no matter what your MOS or branch is , you have my respect. My respect is in part from the hard and high standards the military demands.
Andy

Last Edited:
But the military has standards for a reason.

Eh, I'm kinda on the fence on this one. The shooting sports are about the only sport where women can compete directly against men. That should be taken into account.

I've got no problem with women in the military, but some common sense should be part of the picture. If adding one or two women to a unit means a complete revamp of accommodations, then maybe it shouldn't be done. Like someone was saying, use women where it makes sense to use them, don't use them where it doesn't make sense.

As to lowering standards, it's not all bad news. If we end up fighting the US military (or some subset of it) in the coming revolution, I hope the standards are as low as possible.

Eh, I'm kinda on the fence on this one. The shooting sports are about the only sport where women can compete directly against men. That should be taken into account.
Paul ,
I'm not talking about shooting sports where at the end of the day , you can reflect and try better the next time.
I'm talking about a job where it means getting it right the first time or someone could die.
Standards need to be high.
Andy

Last Edited:
Brothers & Sisters bare with me. I have not posted since shortly after the thread burning & the excommunication of another member!!! This thread got my ire up! No offense to anyone. So here it goes..... Maybe I am a lucky man, I have 1 son & 3 daughters, and a wife. 1 of our daughters while serving 3 tours in IRAQ, chewed that same damn sand as any male. She is not a female, she is a United States Marine. She is not a "F" or a "D", She is a double ** A+!!!!!! She was the only female in her platoon!!! Not that,that matters. She is a FK!ng Marine, same as the others, and they treated her with respect, because she earned it!!!

Our Marine is a Veteran. Our Marine is an accomplished Mountaineer. Our Marine is an accomplished award winning body builder. {No steroids, all natural sweat and blood} Our Marine is a College Graduate! Our Marine is a defender of our constitution!!! Our Marine is your Marine!

All of our children I love and respect,they are hard core! I would follow them anywhere!!! My wife, she's hard core too! Gender does not play a role in this family!! Hell our grandchildren love this country, and they shall protect it the same!

For those that perhaps think that women can't serve as well as men do, read your history. WW2 many of women were building the war machine in factories. Many were on the front line. So the question is would you grade them a "F" or "D"? Or would you suggest they had an 85% failure rate? So how do you judge combat? Is it front line? Or is it a fk#ng team effort?

In closing, Syria females have been accomplished snipers, while the men fled! Again, read up people, WW2, women snipers.

Forefathersrback, 100% not in. A 100% not out. Just a 100% me!!!
That's great and thank you.

No one said that there are no women capable of excelling in battle.
But, to pretend there is no difference between men and women is asinine.
Changing criteria for a job position, based on whether the applicant has an innie or an outie, is asinine.

Could it be that they hare having a change of heart after enlisting and are intentionally failing??

I think we should put a bunch of these chicks on the front lines and let a lot of them come home in boxes . . . They want to be equal let them die equal!!!!!

Sheldon

Some things the article doesn't state....
- If 85% of females tested scored as "F" or below...how many barely passed with only a D-?
- How many, if any, scored a B+ or above?

I'd be willing to bet it could be less than the 2.7%(male failure rate) that actually fall into the "competent" range achieving a grade of C+ to A.

In the army way back win it was GO or NOT GO..... :eek:

Could it be that they hare having a change of heart after enlisting and are intentionally failing??

I think we should put a bunch of these chicks on the front lines and let a lot of them come home in boxes . . . They want to be equal let them die equal!!!!!

Sheldon
Who wouldn't want to be one of the best?
Recruits take aptitude tests, HQMC used to take the results and fit them to where most useful.
Recently, those decisions were politicized.

Sheldon,
Had to read your comment several times.
Are you that insensitive?
What dog do you have in this?

Sheldon
Just what are you saying?
I can't speak for others , but I have never seen anyone "die equal" on a battlefield.
Shot , bleeding out , blown apart , just plain old shock and despair the list is endless ... all a waste but not equal.
Even if you are meaning that a female soldier should have the same "equal" chance to die on a battlefield as a male solider , I would have to say you are mistaken there as well.
I did everything I could to make sure the fight was tipped in my favor ... nothing "equal" about it.
At the very least your comment about coming home in a box is distasteful and hurtful to those of us who have lost someone while they were in the service.
Andy

Changing criteria for a job position, based on whether the applicant has an innie or an outie, is asinine.

The reason this article caught my eye is because a few months ago I read an article about women who wanted to become fire fighters but could not pass the physical fitness part of the exams. It was decided that they should be allowed to become fire fighters anyway because they had passed the written test. I thought this was a very dangerous precedent.....allowed to do a job they were not qualified for and perhaps putting others in danger.

Last Edited:
The reason this article caught my eye is because a few months ago I read an article about women who wanted to become fire fighters but could not pass the physical fitness part of the exams. It was decided that they should be allowed to be come fire fighters anyway because they had passed the written test. I thought this was a very dangerous precedent.....allowed to do a job they were not qualified for and perhaps putting others in danger.
I agree completely. If you can't do the job, you can't do the job. It's really that simple. Why go any further? Why does it matter if you're a man or a woman? If you can't drag my broken body through 4" sand in 100° heat to cover, why should I be required to rely on you to?

It's a bunch of PC, someone might get their feelings hurt, everyone is equal, BS. Reality is, we're not all equal. That's why "tests" exist.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top