JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The trend is useful. Use it. Don't discuss it on an internet forum where the enemy lurks. Every overt act and threat by the enemy is an opportunity. We already know where this is going to end up. Just let it play out and be smart about it. Sorry that the 84yo veteran and good citizen has to endure. No doubt he's been through things a waitress, or the imbeciles who made the law, have never been through. Long life friend, dance on a few graves.

The gentleman is part of a generation who fought for freedom and believed in government and, in his case, he served both with distinction as a soldier and law enforcement officer. He trusts in and is indoctrinated into command authority, which is why he responded how he did. Beyond the usurping of his Constitutional rights, no doubt his collection included weapons he was a custodian of as a reminder of history an its importance in our lives. That could've been weapons of war, the war he served in, or weapons of peace in his service as a peace officer. Both/all should be restored to his custodianship without delay and his fellow law enforcement officers should apologize to him, for any one of them could be next. Don't think it just happens to someone else. Ex-mils and ex-LEOs should be paying careful attention here.

I still don't understand what he did wrong?

Not a damn thing. But his private conversation was overheard by a nosy waitress that made a panicked assumption... instead of asking him or reporting to her boss who knew the man well, she then reported it to the police, and off to the races under the very broad Mass red flag law. She deserves to lose her job, and a lawsuit as well.

Now if he can't get his state "license" to own firearms reinstated, he will never be able to own firearms again. And his firearms will be sold. :(:(:mad::mad:

Lawyers caused this problem and we can choose whether or not to continue to enrich them. I seriously doubt loggers or fisherman or 84 yo war veterans wrote the ERPO laws. Once one recognizes the enemy, everything else becomes academic. They aren't our friends and are increasingly enriching themselves from our pain and suffering through exponentially evolving complex and tortuous laws and regulations. Look at what they make you give. This war veteran had his life turned upside down because of some lawyers and a waitress. That's reality. Uncomfortable reality.

Lawyers caused this problem and we can choose whether or not to continue to enrich them. I seriously doubt loggers or fisherman or 84 yo war veterans wrote the ERPO laws. Once one recognizes the enemy, everything else becomes academic. They aren't our friends and are increasingly enriching themselves from our pain and suffering through exponentially evolving complex and tortuous laws and regulations. Look at what they make you give. This war veteran had his life turned upside down because of some lawyers and a waitress. That's reality. Uncomfortable reality.

Unless 100% of Legislators are lawyers, yours is an inapt generalization that reflects a common dislike of lawyers. IMO it is the public that demands these types of laws... the sheeple want to feel protected. The state legislators want to confiscate guns anyway, so THEY give the sheeple what they want.

Lawyers are like cops; you hate them til you need one...

I'd advise caution in making blanket indictments of any particular group.... we DO have lawyers present as members on this forum. Rule #1 applies to them also.

Interesting, since blanket indictments are made of groups here all the time, leftists being one in particular, anti-gunners being another. I'm not afraid of lawyers. Think they're going to scare me with their paper hanging nonsesnse? If the shoe doesn't fit don't wear it. Part of being adult. And don't threaten me with wordsmithed 'cautions'.. Or do, in real life, and see what happens. Today. This is thread about a man who was stripped of his firearms under color of law. That law was created and promulgated and approved by legislators, the vast majority of which are lawyers. That's a fact. Some here might not like that fact. Good!

Why is no 2A group (NRA?) providing legal counsel to sue the restaurant, police dept, and the waitress personally for this?

This is the exact reason these laws don't work, they skip due process and ignores facts

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top