JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
4897B42D-ACD2-480C-82EC-DEAC759BE3A4.png

This is what we all said would happen, no? Mass ERPO law doesn't show a random waitress as being able to make a petition (Eligibility for Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPO)) but does say that "anyone can go to the police."

Now the poor man has had personal property taken without due process of law because ... a waitress got spooked by the content of their conversation?

When this issue first came up, I could see where the argument was coming from and considered getting on board with it. But the failed implementations around the country have subsequently crushed any reality where ERPOs are just or fair.

He took the job to get over his wife's passing and then gets harrased because he expressed his professional opinion about an officer....

Apparently red flag laws are for abusing innocent old men now.

@#!!@!$?@!#:mad:

This law is being abused more than it is used for legitimate threats. When a law allows any random idiot who wants to be in the spot light for a day to infringe on the life's of others and their personal property it needs to be flushed.

And actual violent nut-jobs are ignored until they shoot at cops

Quote:

"Nichols said he's never been accused of threatening a school, and never had a firearms violation. "I've got no record of any violations," he said.
Nichols said he never carries guns outside the house, and would like to have his license and his guns back, but the fate of the guns may be sealed. "My grandson is manager of a gun shop in Worcester, and he's going to be allowed to come down and take the weapons and sell them for me," he said.
Nichols said he has 11 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. "I would never, ever, ever, harm a child," he said.
Nichols lost his wife two years ago, and values his crossing guard work as a connection to the outside world. "I just need something to do to get out of the house, and I love the kids," he previously said."

~~~

So the elderly man loses his wife - she dies, he gets accused of some dung, did get his 'job' back yet may lose his entire collection of firearms, ammunition, etc. due to some donkey of a waitress/waiter aka a server?!

I WANT TO SEE the name of the SERVER who made these false claims against this man!

Someone should sue her or his butt for false allegations towards this old man.

So his wife is gone and if he does have a dog - what are the the CONTROL FREAKS going to do next? Call Animal Control on him?!

Stories like this tick me off as I said in another THREAD in this section.

Crikey, if this elderly man lived in Montana, I would have my husband pick him up, have him go to our range so he could shoot his guns and some of our guns and take him out to a VERY NICE dinner. Then I would have a whole bunch of people honor him as a VETERAN too! Then to top it off, my husband could take him ELK hunting if he would like to do that too. And if the man wanted to go to the range once a week, my husband could take him since he goes to the range several times a week. Coffee and shooting time. Good combination!

My late husband used to have coffee and breakfast with his old friends like him, some were Nam Vets like him, on a regular basis on the weekends. They worked during the week and were in their 50's. I bet his favorite waitresses HEARD PLENTY OF STORIES and most likely agreed with those men in their small group too!

I would let the man shoot my main rifle now which is a CZ 455 Lux bolt action rifle too. I would supply ALL of the ammunition too. So would my husband if the man needed any for any other firearm.

The freaking control freaks, anti gun/anti freedom, have to RUIN any thing that they do not LIKE or approve of or are AFRAID of in today's society. Was the SERVER some old bat s crazy lady or a man bun wearing snowflake or a pink pu-y hat wearing woman?!

Old Lady Cate
ADDED more.

Last Edited:
I was never for the new/improved so called Red Flag Laws because I saw them for what they were from the gitgo.

Besides, there were and are OTHER LAWS already on the books, across this nation, if there is an issue with a person who may or may not own guns and they have proper, honest, legal safeguards to handle a person and their guns if they even own any to begin with. Something that is honest NOT some trumped up bs accusation or allegation of a crime.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads