JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Gang. Just wanted to post a little good-natured boast. Been reloading this week as I am on a Thanksgiving week off. I have finished 800 of my self imposed goal of 1000 rounds of .45acp so far. A couple of dedicated hours more of focused reloading on my Lee Classic Turret press and I will meet my goal. Yea! Next will be shootin' them :) and the process will begin anew. I'm using 5.9gr of WSF with large pistol primers. This load has been very soft shooting and happily accurate too. Wifey likes them better than "store bought" so she never begrudges me a couple of hours reloading.

Good work

I have 1,200 of 1,700 done.

Waiting on .40cal components... Xtreme plated was %20 off plus the free brass rebate...:D

I have the Lee Turret also; have spare turrets for each caliber, so all I have to do is drop in the turret, adjust the powder disk, and double check/fine tune the depth & crimp.

Then it's back to single stage and the rifle cartridge projects....

This was my most productive weekend to date. All done on my little RCBS partner press. it was months ago though... I've been seriously slacking! IMG_1770.JPG

You guys do it the hard way! The wife gets tired of having me underfoot she'll buy me a case of Winchester white box and/or some really nice commercial remanufactured .45ACP with golden bullet hollow points!

250/hour is my rate per hour... 4 hours on the press. Broken up into 4 sessions...

Sure is nice when it's done eh?

I do about a 1000 at a time, with several steps over a few days. I set up each step and just spend 10 minutes to a couple hours at a time before moving on to the next step. My latest 1000 rounds of reloading lasted over 4 to 5 days.

1) Deprime cases on a Lee single-stage press
2) Tumble cases all day in walnut media
3) Hand prime at the dining room table a full case of primers
4) Load on my Dillon Square Deal B

There's something very satisfying about having a 1000 hand-made rounds to feed my competition needs!

Nice to see so many reloaders having such productivity and fun. I'm headed to the range this weekend with the Wife. We will most likely shoot several hundred rounds as we usually do. Then it is back to restocking the supply. What a wonderful hobby! Happy weekend everyone.

Owning that very press I can appreciate the amount of time and effort you spent doing that! :D
It's been a great little press for me... I've tried other single stage presses, but I keep going back to it. It might be small, and have some slop to it... but I can get a good feel of what's happening inside.;) One with the brass. alas , progress is slow. I like taking my time and being meticulous with every round. It satisfies my raging OCD, but then again every stripper clip I fill gets me closer to my 10k goal, so a new press is on my christmas list. I'm still trying to decide between getting a prog, or a turret. both maybe? My little partner will stay though. It's earned a permanent place at the bench.

-Reloading threads are a goldmine for the OOC:rolleyes:

We went out with a few friends this past weekend and I scored a major influx of brass. My little frankford armory tumbler is going to get a workout this week and I need to pick up some new media.

DD49D656-86FB-4D7B-B072-6FDFB2F73980.jpeg

I have the Lee Turret also; have spare turrets for each caliber, so all I have to do is drop in the turret, adjust the powder disk, and double check/fine tune the depth & crimp.

Same here; I've had my Lee turret press for about 30 years. It works even if not en vogue.

I'm slowly working on a bunch of LC 7.62 Match brass, I'll soom have around 750 fully prepped. Then switching over to .223 and 45ACP.

The only thing I don't like about my Dillon SDB is the priming system. It only rams the primers up to flush, and I prefer deeper than flush. That minimizes the light strikes. Also, I am really bugged by the primer alarm. After 100 rounds I'm finally in the flow, with a good rhythm going, and I've got to stop everything and reload primers. A real killjoy.

I much prefer hand priming. Then I can do hundreds in a row without stopping, especially if I'm doing powder puff Titegroup loads where the powder never runs out.

It's been a great little press for me... I've tried other single stage presses, but I keep going back to it. It might be small, and have some slop to it... but I can get a good feel of what's happening inside.;) One with the brass. alas , progress is slow. I like taking my time and being meticulous with every round. It satisfies my raging OCD, but then again every stripper clip I fill gets me closer to my 10k goal, so a new press is on my christmas list. I'm still trying to decide between getting a prog, or a turret. both maybe? My little partner will stay though. It's earned a permanent place at the bench.

-Reloading threads are a goldmine for the OOC:rolleyes:
Definitely get both, and, I agree. My little 40+ y/o partner press is going nowhere! In fact, I bought a newer one recently to keep it and the other ones company. :)

The only thing I don't like about my Dillon SDB is the priming system. It only rams the primers up to flush, and I prefer deeper than flush. That minimizes the light strikes. Also, I am really bugged by the primer alarm. After 100 rounds I'm finally in the flow, with a good rhythm going, and I've got to stop everything and reload primers. A real killjoy.

I much prefer hand priming. Then I can do hundreds in a row without stopping, especially if I'm doing powder puff Titegroup loads where the powder never runs out.

I like the RCBS press for priming at the moment. Looking into a bench mounted primer system for the future. I like to prime all the brass I have prepped so I can be kept busy for awhile.
Hand priming is for younger folks with a healthy grip. ;)

Good news for me. Finished off the 1000 mark today despite an end of the run issue with my powder feeder. Took it all apart, did some detailed cleaning on it and I was back in business. To the range tomorrow! Gonna free up some more brass for the next time. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews