JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Searched through several threads and couldn't find anyone who had SBR'd an 80% receiver. Is this possible?? Has anyone done it?? What is different from a factory lower for getting it done?? Oregon or Washington, either one.
I have a parts kit for a Star Z-45 I would like to build (semi-auto), but would rather SBR it than weld the folding stock closed.

Interesting question. While I don't have the answer and I'll be watching this to see if someone does, I would speculate that you would be required to add your own serial # to the lower in order to process the application. I know if you can add your own serial number if you want, say if you sell it, and as far as I've read, what you use as a serial number is entirely up to you.

The ATF instructions cover it
https://www.atf.gov/file/58216/download

"All NFA firearms must be identified by a serial number and other specified markings. If an existing firearm is being used in the making of the NFA weapon, and that firearm is serialized, the existing serial number should be used (unless it duplicates a serial number already used by the maker on Form 1) and entered in Block 4(g). If the weapon is of new manufacture, the applicant must assign a unique serial number and enter it in Block 4(g). For example, a unique serial number could be composed of at least 4 digits preceded by the initials of the maker. NOTE: alpha characters, e.g., a name, will not be accepted as a serial number. If a name is to be used, there must be at least one numeric character in addition to the alpha characters. The serial number must be engraved or stamped on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model, and identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon.96 The marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer. Refer to section 7.4 for a detailed discussion of the requirements."

All of which kind of defeats the reason for using an 80% lower in the first place. Might as well just buy a standard serialized lower in the first place and save the 80% for a non-NFA build.

All of which kind of defeats the reason for using an 80% lower in the first place. Might as well just buy a standard serialized lower in the first place and save the 80% for a non-NFA build.

Any 4473 renders all your 80%s moot. If they know you have one, they'll know you have more than one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top