JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious as what everyone's go to sites for both cheap, middle of the road and quality.

I'm looking mainly for ar-15's in unfinished varieties. I've also got room for a few middle quality ar-10 80's as well :D.

Also I assumed this was the right sub-fourm. Please inform me if there is somewhere more appropriate to post this

Righttobear.com

I can't find better prices anywhere. I've been lucky enough to find 80% AR15 lowers for $34.95 on sale. They were "blems" but I can't find anything wrong with them. :s0092:

I actually ended up with an "easy jig gen 2" from 80% arms. Should be here tomorrow!

I didn't even think about amazon for when I break my end mills thanks!

Holy crap! I just checked out thunderguns and damn, looks like that's going to be my 308 place thanks for the link!

I checked out right to bear and that's an excellent site got two in the cart now!

Almost forgot to add I already have a rigid mini router the thing is pretty nice it's got soft start, fine adjustment for depth and also has tuneable speed. It is 5.5 amps which should be quite sufficient for my needs.

While we are on the subject, which lower parts kits do you guys usually go for? I've recently used a lower Magpul build kit (with brace and buffer) from Palmetto and am reasonably happy with it.

im not sure if you can get easy jig endmills on amazon since they are stepped shanka from 1/4 to 5/16. i use the 5D PRO jig that allows for use of a standard 2", 5/16" endmill. regardless, buy a spare end mill from where they sell the easy jig. ive broken 3 end mills over time. its just good to have an extra on hand.

also, wd40 works good as lube for aluminum. i usually spray just a little bit every couple of passes or else all of the chips wad up.

clean your endmill from wadded up aluminum too or else you will get some lines on the inside of the cut (cosmetic, doesnt affect function)

another tip...drill your trigger and selector holes first so that you wont have to chamfer them from the inside as the endmill will clean up the holes when you get down that deep.

also, if youre a reloader, you can use your chamfer tool to clean up the outside of your receiver after drilling the holes.

I just got a couple 80% lowers from Right 2Bear. They are blems as well but I cannot find the blems. Shipped really fast. Now need to figure out if I want to do 5D or Easy Jig Gen 2? Was thinking either Rigid or Dewalt for the router. YT videos and forums show they are pretty similar.

these were milled out with a 5D and a rigid router

060F81C1-8E59-4A5D-AE39-1192030E6F5B.jpeg

0E390ADB-1B5B-4C2E-9518-040D2E88E3B7.jpeg 3046EC69-D5EF-4E7D-AA14-84BE8630369A.jpeg 921765AC-6987-4486-A23C-BCFFEA0521B8.jpeg

Excellent tip on the selector holes. I am actually also getting into reloading but I have a few chamfer tools from my job, I'll probably use those.

Those receivers look excellent! Good work there

Excellent tip on the selector holes. I am actually also getting into reloading but I have a few chamfer tools from my job, I'll probably use those.

Those receivers look excellent! Good work there
thanks, they work well. i couldnt get 1 of my drop in triggers(rise armament ra434) to work right in them though. its as if the front of the pocket needed just a smidge more milled out...it is an aftermarket drop in trigger though...works great in a non 80% lower. a milspec trigger works just fine in the 80s as does my CMC drop in so i know its not the receivers fault it has to be the shape of the RA trigger.

Watch what you post people. Use your head.

RCW 9.41.010

(36) "Untraceable firearm" means any firearm manufactured after July 1, 2019, which does not have a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer imprinted on its major component.

Watch what you post people. Use your head.

RCW 9.41.010

(36) "Untraceable firearm" means any firearm manufactured after July 1, 2019, which does not have a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer imprinted on its major component.

According to what I could find and as well at wading through that RCW it is perfectly legal as long as the manufacture is for personal use and not for the intent to sell. (Aka a copy of the exact same law that is already on a federal level)

This is a link where this has already been addressed on this fourm

Though I do appreciate your concerns

According to what I could find and as well at wading through that RCW it is perfectly legal as long as the manufacture is for personal use and not for the intent to sell. (Aka a copy of the exact same law that is already on a federal level)

It has always been that way on a Federal level. Jay just signed this a few months ago.

@11Charlie i already have an easy jig gen 2 in the mail, if it doesn't work out I may try the 5D. The ability to do 15's 10's and 9's on the same jig was hard to resist for me

There is a shop in Washougal called Limitless America. 5D stocking dealer with a lot of parts/receivers/ammo on hand.
Last time I was there there was a lot of Glock parts and Poly80 stuff

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top