JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to order an 80% AR Lower, alloy not polymer today from Midway. They were out of stock but showed they were coming in so figured I would put one on. As soon as I did it said no sales to WA. So went to 5D and ordered another one. They were $50 more but they had no problem with WA. Guess I will lay in a couple more to hold me while I still can :(

Send those vendors the RCW and explain to them that they are indeed LEGAL in WA.

I guess I could try this with Midway but, I suspect the e-mail would go no where, or I would get some canned response from some drone saying the same thing said when I tried to order. This is going to be one of those things that some will be afraid of so they error on the side of caution. 5D seems to so far have zero problem with this. When I got home this morning I thought I would try another. So I ordered 3 more from 80-lower.com. They also seem to have zero problem with WA, at least so far. This will set me up with enough lowers to hold me. Others probably should lay in a couple at least if they even think they may want one. With so many gun owners refusing to really seem to care about stuff like this I can't see it getting better any time soon. :(

Send those vendors the RCW and explain to them that they are indeed LEGAL in WA.
They know it's still legal (i talked with some of the larger companies like brownells) They don't want to risk the lawsuit. The wording is so vague that it has all their lawyer's panties twisted. so instead of supporting our 2a, they are covering their butts. It's frustrating. I hate what Washington has become.

They know it's still legal (i talked with some of the larger companies like brownells) They don't want to risk the lawsuit. The wording is so vague that it has all their lawyer's panties twisted. so instead of supporting our 2a, they are covering their butts. It's frustrating. I hate what Washington has become.

I personally can't blame them at all. How much profit is there in something like this for a large Co, like Brownells, or Midway? Now compare that to what happens if the State comes after them? The Co has to pay their own team of lawyers, they are not free. The State, if they decide to, has unlimited funds to hire teams of lawyers. The people in charge win reelection no matter what, so they don't care. Waste tax money on teams of lawyers? If the tax payers put you back in office no matter what why would they care?
As an update I have Lowers coming from 80-lowers and 5D as of now, both shipped. So some are still doing it. Gun shows? Now not sure what will happen with that. I very much suspect some show venue's are going to ban these here too for the exact same reason. Worried the state will come after them and they can't afford it.

I personally can't blame them at all. How much profit is there in something like this for a large Co, like Brownells, or Midway? Now compare that to what happens if the State comes after them? The Co has to pay their own team of lawyers, they are not free. The State, if they decide to, has unlimited funds to hire teams of lawyers. The people in charge win reelection no matter what, so they don't care. Waste tax money on teams of lawyers? If the tax payers put you back in office no matter what why would they care?
As an update I have Lowers coming from 80-lowers and 5D as of now, both shipped. So some are still doing it. Gun shows? Now not sure what will happen with that. I very much suspect some show venue's are going to ban these here too for the exact same reason. Worried the state will come after them and they can't afford it.
I don't blame them either. It just sucks. This state is quickly becoming California and most of the people voting this crap into office live in a very small part of Washington.

I don't blame them either. It just sucks. This state is quickly becoming California and most of the people voting this crap into office live in a very small part of Washington.
Yes sadly we are fighting a battle that looks to be a loser. What bothers me more every year though is fellow gun owners. So damn many refuse to lift a finger. So many are all in on every new "compromise" that comes along. This, the 80% stuff, is a great example. You can bank on a LOT of gun owners having no clue about this. You can also bank on a huge portion of them if they find out would care less. The "I don't want one so who cares". Look at "Black Rifles". I have seen owners who have them state they are "OK" with the law that says adults who can join the military should not be able to buy one. It's the same thing, "I have mine, so who cares it others can't have one, just leave mine alone". Problem of course is after they take them from the 19 &20 year olds they will then come for the rest. Then the same gun owners who were fine before will scream. It just drives me nuts. :s0054:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top