JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, I'm 100% serious now. I've sort of been running ideas in my ahead about ammo too. Same sort of principle. But in a way to evenly distribute ammo to partners. Lower costs, equally distributes ammo. Sounds socialized but government isn't running it so it could work. o_O
Did some searching on this topic seems that is a no go.

I just don't want any members of the NWF to get into hot water.

Edit: Unless there is an updated ruling I don't know about.
Purely a mental exercise, but what if a group bought a CNC machine, and then sold it to one of the members for $200 just because they liked him. Then, a few days or weeks later, that person sold the machine to another one of the members. Then they sold it to another member. Everyone eventually got to experience what it's like to own a for real CNC machine. How much would have to be agreed to in writing in order to keep everyone honest, and could such a document be constructed carefully enough as to abide completely by all of the regulations mentioned in this thread?

Purely a mental exercise, but what if a group bought a CNC machine, and then sold it to one of the members for $200 just because they liked him. Then, a few days or weeks later, that person sold the machine to another one of the members. Then they sold it to another member. Everyone eventually got to experience what it's like to own a for real CNC machine. How much would have to be agreed to in writing in order to keep everyone honest, and could such a document be constructed carefully enough as to abide completely by all of the regulations mentioned in this thread?
i can only imagine what the tooling and fixtures would look like after the first day.
my buddy from nasa just sent me a pic this morning of a giant $30k forging that someone jogged the z axis on and totaled it into scrap. (good job with the feed rate speed there buddy! lol.) :rolleyes:

i can only imagine what the tooling and fixtures would look like after the first day.
my buddy from nasa just sent me a pic this morning of a giant $30k forging that someone jogged the z axis on and totaled it into scrap. (good job with the feed rate speed there buddy! lol.) :rolleyes:
I saw that done with a mechanical lathe in high school. Not pretty.

I saw that done with a mechanical lathe in high school. Not pretty.
i saw a kid right next to me in wood shop try and push a small piece of wood out of the joiner with his thumb, that ended his career in hitch hiking ..:confused: i felt my lunch try made a quick exit for a sec after that one. was all good after a few mins. but god for a minute there my thumb was sore just thinking about it.

yeah lathes can be crazy dangerous. super handy though. my last job they had absolutely NO clue how to use one, or safely.

Wow!!! You scored.
check the classifieds here. i just sold two, granted they were a rarer breed forged andersons/ with the trigger gaurds forged in. they were $100ea. but also keep in mind i sold them tax free and becuase the buyer had some items i wanted i literally drove them 2 hours one way all the way to his house (same day delivery! for free ;) he made it worth my while)
so in the end its probably cheaper in the long run.

also i would HIGHLY reccomend forged 7075 over any 6061 its nearly twice the strength. its a no brainer. forging is WAY more expensive to produce than billet and is lighter weight in the end. might not look as sexy but who cares. (p.s. my lowers do look sexy though :cool:)
What category did you sell them in?

Did some searching on this topic seems that is a no go.

I just don't want any members of the NWF to get into hot water.

Edit: Unless there is an updated ruling I don't know about.

I went in with my bud & purchased a Router Jig Pro, guess we forgot to consult with the atf

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top