JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So what's the deal with 80% lowers and Washington? Are they allowed? Are they not? Sounds like a lot of gray area. I'd love the experience of building it and what not but I want to make sure I'm not breaking any laws here

Building them for now is not illegal, unless you intend to sell them.

unfortunately because the "assisting a prohibited person" from building one thing passed most companies are hesitant (read that as will not) ship 80's here as it's not much of a reach to consider that "assisting"

We use this company...https://americanmadetactical.com
Very nice parts. Bought/built 5 so far with no issues but that's also been a few months back.
Still legal in-so-far-as-I'm-aware! Just don't build one for someone else. o_O:eek:

Dan
EDIT: Just called them & they said they're still selling paperweights.

We bought the Easy Jig Gen 2 (AR15/308)and added the Hand Drill Stabilizers for Easy Jig Gen 2.
Best router is one that has a "Soft Start" and is a hand held (palm) model with a fixed base.
Like this..Bosch PR20EVS Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp Router.
Once you build one, it can be a nasty habit you'll enjoy way to much.

Dan

So what's the deal with 80% lowers and Washington? Are they allowed? Are they not? Sounds like a lot of gray area. I'd love the experience of building it and what not but I want to make sure I'm not breaking any laws here
Some places will still sell them. As long as you can own a gun you can still build one here. The state was wanting to do away with them. When they tried they missed only because so many law makers have no idea which end of a gun the bullet comes out. So they made a sloppy attempt and many places selling them got scared and will no longer sell here. Some still will. A LOT will depend on what happens in Nov. If the gun owners stay sitting on their hands with head in the sand I am sure the state will go after them again and this time do a better job.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top