JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure where this belongs so I'm putting it here for now.

I'm looking at buying an 80% lower so that I have a spare, should mine break. However I am without a jig and because I'm slightly cheap do not want to buy one.

I'm wondering if I buy two, and someone on here is able to show me how to complete the lower, I can give them the second one for helping me out.

I'm not sure where this belongs so I'm putting it here for now.

I'm looking at buying an 80% lower so that I have a spare, should mine break. However I am without a jig and because I'm slightly cheap do not want to buy one.

I'm wondering if I buy two, and someone on here is able to show me how to complete the lower, I can give them the second one for helping me out.

Assuming AR15, get an easy jig from 80% arms. You need a router and preferably a drill press. My son in law and I used this kit with no experience just watching their videos and it pretty easy to do. Both our lowers have performed flawlessly.

http://www.80percentarms.com/collections/lower-jigs/products/80-ar-15-easy-jig

Assuming AR15, get an easy jig from 80% arms. You need a router and preferably a drill press. My son in law and I used this kit with no experience just watching their videos and it pretty easy to do. Both our lowers have performed flawlessly.

http://www.80percentarms.com/collections/lower-jigs/products/80-ar-15-easy-jig

I've had my eye on one of those jigs for a while. Probably around the 1st of the year.

My favorite line from their website: It truly makes finishing your lower a monkey simple process.

I've had my eye on one of those jigs for a while. Probably around the 1st of the year.

My favorite line from their website: It truly makes finishing your lower a monkey simple process.

I did break a flute off the milling bit with my router. It does help to have a second person to turn on the router while you hold it in position so it does not hit anything. But I finished my lower even with the broken bit, so yeah pretty easy.

I did break a flute off the milling bit with my router. It does help to have a second person to turn on the router while you hold it in position so it does not hit anything. But I finished my lower even with the broken bit, so yeah pretty easy.

Very easy solution if you don't have a 2nd person to turn the router on/off for you - a simple foot switch. A variety of models are available, this one is only $25 on Amazon:

61EsPRWRM1L._SL1200_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/HFT-96619-Momentary-Power-Switch/dp/B004LJ6KUK

I have a drill press, I would like to avoid spending more money that I have to on additional tools. If anyone wants a free 80% for helping me out with completing an 80% lower please IM me.

I have a drill press, I would like to avoid spending more money that I have to on additional tools. If anyone wants a free 80% for helping me out with completing an 80% lower please IM me.

If you do end up getting the 80% arms easy jig, the one Im familiar with that needs the router, I'd be happy to assist you on your build. You would not have to buy an extra jig for me since I have one already. just let me know

If you do end up getting the 80% arms easy jig, the one Im familiar with that needs the router, I'd be happy to assist you on your build. You would not have to buy an extra jig for me since I have one already. just let me know

It is an 80% lower that I'm offering. The most reliable jigs I've found cost around $120, and I will likely only use it the once.

Chirpybird: Your inbox is full. I have an 80percentarms easy jig. Drill press and a router and bits are needed. I would consider letting you use it for an afternoon in exchange for one of your 80%. Clear out some of your messages and send me a direct message and we can work something out.

I recently purchased the heavy duty jig Modulus Arms makes, but haven't had the time to put it to use yet. From putting it on a few different forged 80% lowers it does appear to be truly universal, but I don't have a billet 80% lower to try it on. When I get a chance to use it in the next few weeks I'll let you know what I think of it. It does appear to be well engineered at this point, but actual use will tell how accurate that assessment is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top