JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As mentioned just buy one. They are not a large investment by any stretch. If later you are really sure you never want to use it sell it. You need a router too and those can be great to have for lots of other stuff so again, buy one and when another project comes up you have it.

Out of curiosity I looked at Ebay to see. Figured they would not allow the jigs for sale and did not see any. Did see lots of the endmills for them. Then stumbled on one guy selling an 80% lower. He is selling it as a not real only a paper weight. It is an 80% lower. I had to laugh. Good way to get it up there.

FWIW

Roh won - in essence - but he has abandoned the business, and he probably spent more on lawyers than he ever made charging to setup the CNC machine. He tossed the dice and won. I would not want to risk it - it isn't worth the money saved.

In a similar premise "rentals" are known as "demonstrations" and the word "rental" is taboo. From what I have heard, it is usually best to get one's own jig. Used jigs may have fire control group and safety lever holes out of round. May want to get extra side plates, plus an extra top plate where additional holes are drilled for the end mill. Especially when one can still obtain them. Usually the drill bits provided are cheap, go to a hardware store and obtain good drill bits. Take the first one slow, be extra cautious in milling out the fire control group area. Ensure end mill has fully stopped prior to removing tool. Plenty of cutting fluid. Make sure all distractions will not get in the way of concentration. A machinist square may be useful in the process. Drill presses are usually better.

I was once told by a friend that he would never lend or rent his jig out.
He would however consider selling it for a reasonable price, and buying it back a few days later... if the purchaser decided he didn't want it anymore.
That way if something happens, like the milling of that particular EPL caused a catastrophic meltdown of a polar icecap or whatnot, he wouldn't be responsible because it wasn't his jig. He, like 99.9% of the stand up, law abiding firearms enthusiasts that I have had the pleasure to meet... is a reasonable fella, and understands these are tough times. He wouldn't hesitate to buy the jig back, minus the wear and tear on the bits and mills etc..
If I was the owner of a jig, that's how I'd go about it. Maybe a generic bill of sale each way...Just to be safe.

I'd already checked into the legality. It's grey, from all reports, thus my phrasing the subject and body as questions. Place in WA rents the old 80%Arms jig, but that one is just plain agonising to work with. I can probably pick up a 5d, but that's stretching my budget. I really want to get this done as I was invited to a gathering in a couple weeks, but if it's not in the cards then I'm happy to shelve it and wait for tax time to get it done right.

I'd already checked into the legality. It's grey, from all reports, thus my phrasing the subject and body as questions. Place in WA rents the old 80%Arms jig, but that one is just plain agonising to work with. I can probably pick up a 5d, but that's stretching my budget. I really want to get this done as I was invited to a gathering in a couple weeks, but if it's not in the cards then I'm happy to shelve it and wait for tax time to get it done right.
The 5D is a couple hundred, well worth it when you see them. They are VERY well made. They also sell endmills that thread onto the router which are very nice. Made the job of milling one of these out super easy. You may think you do not want another now but get the jig anyway. After I did my first one it was so damn much fun shooting the gun I have got to make more. :D

I have loaned a couple of members here My HK tooling to bend flats. In both cases it came back unharmed. Loaning tooling is not an issue as long as the person you lent it to, does all the work and not the owner of the tool. I even had a couple of WAC members come to my house and use my tooling. I sat and watched but did not take part in the process. I told them what to do and they did it themselves.

The 5D is a couple hundred, well worth it when you see them. They are VERY well made. They also sell endmills that thread onto the router which are very nice. Made the job of milling one of these out super easy. You may think you do not want another now but get the jig anyway. After I did my first one it was so damn much fun shooting the gun I have got to make more. :D

I got this one before I ever saw a 5D. They are almost identical. I won't say how many buy I have done many receivers with this jig.

In a similar premise "rentals" are known as "demonstrations" and the word "rental" is taboo. From what I have heard, it is usually best to get one's own jig. Used jigs may have fire control group and safety lever holes out of round. May want to get extra side plates, plus an extra top plate where additional holes are drilled for the end mill. Especially when one can still obtain them. Usually the drill bits provided are cheap, go to a hardware store and obtain good drill bits. Take the first one slow, be extra cautious in milling out the fire control group area. Ensure end mill has fully stopped prior to removing tool. Plenty of cutting fluid. Make sure all distractions will not get in the way of concentration. A machinist square may be useful in the process. Drill presses are usually better.

Many Jig manufacturers recommend WD40 as a lubricant but I've switched to Tap cutting fluid, it's leaps and bounds better.;)

1577636096670.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads