JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its ok to comment where more jigs can be found. the one you posted is nice. to call this offer unnecessary is an enormous stretch.
I never said that and do not put words in my mouth. I'll I said was, it is not a complicated process that can be learned relitively easy. It's not rocket science. You learned the process just like 1,000's of people have already. If you can twist a wrench and drill some holes, you can machine an 80% receiver. An AK build on the other hand is a bit more complicated.

Last Edited:
Yes, I get it. What both It-That and rdb241 say I have Poly 80, and aluminum AR receivers from years back, Poly 80 and Lone wolf 'Block' receivers form the past year, all incomplete. I have good reusable jigs for aluminum and one time Poly for poly jigs. Not worried about AR's as I have an adequate supply of completed ARs on hand. 'Block' are something I think I can handle.

But the Gorilla in the Room is my AKM project, I thought it would be easy like an AR, but no, no it is not! First the gathering of compatible parts really is difficult for a newb to AR variants. I am trying to do a AKM (I think) Then you need this and that in tools to complete. I needed a fixture (like a Jig, but more complicated) for bending a 'Flat' stamped receiver and a spot welder to weld the rails in, I did not have either, but bought a hardened 'Blank' receiver with no holes in the sides, but the rails welded in. I bought the wrong barrel first and then the right barrel (I think)

Now I need a Hydraulic press to 'Populate' the barrel. ('populate' must be a Communist term meant to confuse me, it pretty much means, assemble the barrel parts to the barrel). Why do I need to learn new things? I am considering buying one and assemling it in the Wife's domain (Garage). That will not go well. Let me build up my nerve.

Yes, I get it. What both It-That and rdb241 say I have Poly 80, and aluminum AR receivers from years back, Poly 80 and Lone wolf 'Block' receivers form the past year, all incomplete. I have good reusable jigs for aluminum and one time Poly for poly jigs. Not worried about AR's as I have an adequate supply of completed ARs on hand. 'Block' are something I think I can handle.

But the Gorilla in the Room is my AKM project, I thought it would be easy like an AR, but no, no it is not! First the gathering of compatible parts really is difficult for a newb to AR variants. I am trying to do a AKM (I think) Then you need this and that in tools to complete. I needed a fixture (like a Jig, but more complicated) for bending a 'Flat' stamped receiver and a spot welder to weld the rails in, I did not have either, but bought a hardened 'Blank' receiver with no holes in the sides, but the rails welded in. I bought the wrong barrel first and then the right barrel (I think)

Now I need a Hydraulic press to 'Populate' the barrel. ('populate' must be a Communist term meant to confuse me, it pretty much means, assemble the barrel parts to the barrel). Why do I need to learn new things? I am considering buying one and assemling it in the Wife's domain (Garage). That will not go well. Let me build up my nerve.
Harbor Frieght sells a 12 ton Press for a little more than a Benjiman. That's what I use and have pressed and removed more barrels than I can count. With that said, It would be wise to invest in some tooling to aid your barrel issue. Check out AKbuider.com. Curtis is a real cool guy and I have been doing biz with him for 17 years. His tooling is spot on and first class. He even has tooling for pre bent 80%ers for drilling the holes.
Also the tooling I posted will work for Poly 80's as well. I have 3 pistol caliber carbines ranging from 22lr, 9mm and a .40 cal.

I have the press here and some other ak tooling for member use. As for the other guy he's right about ak builder having good stuff, it's a good option for people who want to spend that. I'm in the process of doing an AK now. Have to weld up a bucking bar to reach some of the inside rivets and then that will be available too.

Last Edited:
I never said that and do not put words in my mouth. I'll I said was, it is not a complicated process that can be learned relitively easy. It's not rocket science. You learned the process just like 1,000's of people have already. If you can twist a wrench and drill some holes, you can machine an 80% receiver. An AK build on the other hand is a bit more complicated.
Thanks for your contribution. Scroll down look for this, I suspect your web browser shows it too. Move along bud. Not everyone is a RealMan(TM) who doesn't need to ever ask for help from anyone.

38E93A6A-BA96-47C0-8EB8-EAB86F40FEC6.png

Last Edited:
Thanks for your contribution. Scroll down look for this, I suspect your web browser shows it too. Move along bud. Not everyone is a RealMan(TM) who doesn't need to ever ask for help from anyone.

View attachment 977511
You seem to be confusing an advertisement with a forum thread. This, what you're in right now, is a forum thread in the Education and Training section. The rules you screen captured do not apply here (classifieds rules).

This is a general forum and people are entitled to their opinion(s). This is a discussion topic. If you are tired of this thread, as the OP, you may request that it be locked and we'll close it up. Otherwise, carry on chaps.

You seem to be confusing an advertisement with a forum thread. This, what you're in right now, is a forum thread in the Education and Training section. The rules you screen captured do not apply here (classifieds rules).

This is a general forum and people are entitled to their opinion(s). This is a discussion topic. If you are tired of this thread, as the OP, you may request that it be locked and we'll close it up. Otherwise, carry on chaps.
Yes, good point. Thanks for clarifying that. Trolling is just annoying, I will have to just ignore the posts. These posts are the equivalent of telling a lower income renter, "why don't you just buy a house with shop space, duh?" The 2A and 2A education is for everyone.

Using this jig, it is a very easy process. Watch the vid. It is pretty self explanitory. It takes about an hour to complete one............................Super easy to do it yourself. No party needed.

I wonder who came first, this one or the company making the almost identical blue one?

I wonder who came first, this one or the company making the almost identical blue one?
Henestly? This one was first. Modulus Arms. I bought one when they first came out and a few months later I saw the Blue at the Centralia gun show on a vendor table for almost the same price. They look identical.

I bought the 80% arms generation two (what these appear to be based on) on presale before it was released. It looks just like these, but it predates them. All the others seem to be loosely based on this design now in order to accommodate billet builds, pistol calibers and anything else not based on exterior milspec forgings.

I have the blue one and really like it. I do see one feature on that red one I prefer. I have to change the front bracket for the AR15 to AR10, that one just has another hole for the larger caliber. Very nice.

I have the blue one and really like it. I do see one feature on that red one I prefer. I have to change the front bracket for the AR15 to AR10, that one just has another hole for the larger caliber. Very nice.
which brand is the red one? my old 2nd gen 80%arms one has a red buffer tube position bracket, but the only movement between set ups is flipping it to face in or face out to accommodate the extra space and size difference of the two receiver sizes

which brand is the red one? my old 2nd gen 80%arms one has a red buffer tube position bracket, but the only movement between set ups is flipping it to face in or face out to accommodate the extra space and size difference of the two receiver sizes
Modulus arms is red. See video above

Did you ever complete your ak build project? I am taking one on now maybe we can trade tool rentals. I have a hydraulic press now. Do you have any other tools or ak fixtures? I'm considering going to the scrap yard to weld up some rivet bars

Did you ever complete your ak build project? I am taking one on now maybe we can trade tool rentals. I have a hydraulic press now. Do you have any other tools or ak fixtures? I'm considering going to the scrap yard to weld up some rivet bars
Since the wife got a Bee in her Bonnet last year and started moving everything somewhere or the other, I don't know where the piece's parts are.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top