JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure how the conversation got to illegal? I understood it to be one guy offering to help others with tips from his own experience, to the new guys wanting to buy the tools and build for them self.
Its people helping others less experienced via sharing info online that got me to seek out the next forum for my next project.
Best wishes all for the new year! Keep building, shooting, and training all you can afford. It may help you someday soon......

If you have the form one approval but don't know how to make one I could help you make it. I can't make it for you. Just like this 80% process. Btw, do you have an old drill press you could sell me? It doesn't have to be too heavy duty. I've seen jigs that'll press stainless steel freeze plugs into k baffles and you could then center punch n drill out once you get your form one done. I don't see someone knowledgeable enough to draw plans for and submit a form 1 also needing help learning how to use tools.

I got the tools and the know how, knowing how to submit the form 1 is my downfall......
Is there a thread with step by step instructions on that? I have not even searched yet, but very soon.

I got the tools and the know how, knowing how to submit the form 1 is my downfall......
Is there a thread with step by step instructions on that? I have not even searched yet, but very soon.

If you have the form one approval but don't know how to make one I could help you make it. I can't make it for you. Just like this 80% process. Btw, do you have an old drill press you could sell me? It doesn't have to be too heavy duty. I've seen jigs that'll press stainless steel freeze plugs into k baffles and you could then center punch n drill out once you get your form one done. I don't see someone knowledgeable enough to draw plans for and submit a form 1 also needing help learning how to use tools.
I haven't gone through the process of getting the approval - Know thyself. I tend to know enough about enough to get in over my head and could see myself doing the same with a suppressor build. Plus, I love to research, so I've already started to go down an endless rabbit trail of baffle designs until I got too overwhelmed to just make one.

I used to have access to a full metal shop but, since moving here, I just have an old Shop Fox workbench drill press that I'm not looking to sell. I've looked at the solvent trap kits look as simple as drilling out the center of the baffle, but I usually end up just thinking of more questions as I start to think about it

Ok ok ok guys I like this stuff as much as you do but I can't have my services getting hijacked in a conversation about making suppressors at home. The most I can help with is engraving your lower to match your approval stamp, but that's it.

How very kind of you. Hope you get the kind of folks your looking to help. I quit doing projects for anyone I did not know. It seems once someone knows you have a mill and lathe they expect you to build them - fill in the blank. When teenagers wanted help it was the last straw. Not sure how you can keep them away or if you even need to? As to suppressors, I think it runs about 8% that know what they are and how they work. Respectfully, cannonman

How very kind of you. Hope you get the kind of folks your looking to help. I quit doing projects for anyone I did not know. It seems once someone knows you have a mill and lathe they expect you to build them - fill in the blank. When teenagers wanted help it was the last straw. Not sure how you can keep them away or if you even need to? As to suppressors, I think it runs about 8% that know what they are and how they work. Respectfully, cannonman
This isn't a mill service hah but oh my god. Everyone that's come through has been 100% great people so far.

I have a couple Aluminum and a couple Polymer. I have held off hoping to buy a Drill press. No place to put it. And I can not obtain a kitchen pass to use someone else's. No vice. Just a drill, I might try a Polymer.

I applaud you for taking the time to help others with their questions. Not many folks would do that to help strangers.

There was a guy in the Puget Sound area that actually brought his lathe to a gun range, (Paul Bunyan Gun Club if I remember correctly), to teach a class on building of form 1 suppressors. It was about 10 years or so ago. He also had a video on how to properly fill out a form 1.

I have a couple Aluminum and a couple Polymer. I have held off hoping to buy a Drill press. No place to put it. And I can not obtain a kitchen pass to use someone else's. No vice. Just a drill, I might try a Polymer.
Got ya covered here. Contact me

I applaud you for taking the time to help others with their questions. Not many folks would do that to help strangers.

There was a guy in the Puget Sound area that actually brought his lathe to a gun range, (Paul Bunyan Gun Club if I remember correctly), to teach a class on building of form 1 suppressors. It was about 10 years or so ago. He also had a video on how to properly fill out a form 1.
playing with fire these days. The guys fart in the wind sounding funny on someone's Facebook stream would be used as crucifying evidence.

A lot has happened law-wise and I have moved but I'm still in town and still ready to help anyone who's been waiting on COVID to go away or to be pushed along the path even more by new infringements

Using this jig, it is a very easy process. Watch the vid. It is pretty self explanitory. It takes about an hour to complete one............................Super easy to do it yourself. No party needed.

Using this jig, it is a very easy process. Watch the vid. It is pretty self explanitory. It takes about an hour to complete one............................Super easy to do it yourself. No party needed.

nobody needs a cheap alternative and can just buy their own shop space and all the additional tools. good contribution, bud!!! I'm closing down guys, disregard the ad. Just kidding. Lots of people haven't used routers, drill presses, or have a space to use it in, so even if you want to bring another maker's jig, i will help you learn it with my stuff or help you figure out a way to get it done with what's available to you. I personally have a similar, but different one.
Also I must add, this isn't a build party. I don't think those are even a thing anymore thanks to our lovely gov overlords, so please don't try to associate my business with illegal activity.

I got a perfect solution for ya. Two drill presses over here and all the bare concrete to cover in aluminum flakes you can make.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top