JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Message me if anyone is unsure of how to use their tools, or would like supervision or walk through on milling their own lower receivers, and how to use castle nut barrel nut and torque wrenches, and proper greasing the thread mating surfaces for builds. I also have a sight pusher, I can help with. (DONT CONTACT ME ABOUT MILLING YOUR LOWERS FOR YOU. YOU HAVE TO DO IT. ITS ILLEGAL AND TERMINATES MY WILL TO DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH YOU.)

Last Edited:
Let me clarify, we are totally milling, but I am not doing it for you. You are doing it. You are only allowed to mill your own lowers for your personal use per the law. Ar 15,9,and 10/ 308 or creedmore.

The more we get this knowledge spread the more obsolete the concept of legislation for banning. Currently the letter of the law allows this. I have all the documentation from the atf here and teaching about it is included.

[QUOTE="It-That, post: 2733340, member: 5788. (DONT CONTACT ME ABOUT MILLING YOUR LOWERS FOR YOU. YOU HAVE TO DO IT. ITS ILLEGAL AND TERMINATES MY WILL TO DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH YOU.)
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="It-That, post: 2733340, member: 5788. (DONT CONTACT ME ABOUT MILLING YOUR LOWERS FOR YOU. YOU HAVE TO DO IT. ITS ILLEGAL AND TERMINATES MY WILL TO DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH YOU.)
[/QUOTE]
You wouldn't want to imagine how many people don't want to move past "we're done" at two trigger and hammer pin holes or ask what if in Minecraft what would I have to do to make sure this trigger pocket is compatible with ______ drop in part. So if you have a problem with this part of the post, yes I stand by it. If you're coming to me to help you commit a crime, then I reserve the right to not do business with you.

Many years ago a work friend was helping several co-workers (and me) with AK kits. It was a fun project, but I was quite surprised at how many people asked about making theirs to use "rock and roll" triggers, instead of the $30 Tapco triggers. The answer was never "no", but rather "**** NO!" It's amazing to me how many people are so cavalier about committing a felony and risking prison in their future.

Many years ago a work friend was helping several co-workers (and me) with AK kits. It was a fun project, but I was quite surprised at how many people asked about making theirs to use "rock and roll" triggers, instead of the $30 Tapco triggers. The answer was never "no", but rather "**** NO!" It's amazing to me how many people are so cavalier about committing a felony and risking prison in their future.
They're not just risking themselves... everyone there. Ah the days of build parties are gone unfortunately, this is the way to do it now. Thank god we can cnc and print jigs at home to do this though and now everyone can have their own jigs and tooling as required

edited it to not

Last Edited:
The build party thing sound cool, but in my experience what it became was one or two guys who knew how to do it, and the others wanting it basically done for them, or wanting something that would get them in trouble. It started out as a couple of us from work, and then a couple other guys wanted in on it, then a couple more, then one guy wanted to bring his neighbor with his kit, then another guy brought his buddy's buddy...

Personally I'm very careful to follow the laws. I'm not about to risk my family and livelihood messing around with illegal gun stuff. It was a fun project but I decided I didn't want to be involved anymore. If one guy brought his neighbor's buddy, who ended up doing something with his "ghost gun" that brought unwanted attention, I simply didn't want to be associated with that at all.

I've looked a little at the 80% AR receivers over the years, and honestly it looks like a walk in the park compared to the AK. Three things have stopped me from being interested enough to fiddle with one:
1. Been there, done that with the AK. Challenge accepted and conquered.
2. 100% AR receivers are so cheap! I've bought a couple over the years and now have all the ARs I'll ever need.
3. ARs and AKs are not really my thing anyhow. Nothing against them, but I'm more into M1 Garands, old Mausers, and S&W revolvers, things like that. To each their own. The couple ARs that I have tend to just sit in the safe unused.

The build party thing sound cool, but in my experience what it became was one or two guys who knew how to do it, and the others wanting it basically done for them, or wanting something that would get them in trouble. It started out as a couple of us from work, and then a couple other guys wanted in on it, then a couple more, then one guy wanted to bring his neighbor with his kit, then another guy brought his buddy's buddy...

Personally I'm very careful to follow the laws. I'm not about to risk my family and livelihood messing around with illegal gun stuff. It was a fun project but I decided I didn't want to be involved anymore. If one guy brought his neighbor's buddy, who ended up doing something with his "ghost gun" that brought unwanted attention, I simply didn't want to be associated with that at all.

I've looked a little at the 80% AR receivers over the years, and honestly it looks like a walk in the park compared to the AK. Three things have stopped me from being interested enough to fiddle with one:
1. Been there, done that with the AK. Challenge accepted and conquered.
2. 100% AR receivers are so cheap! I've bought a couple over the years and now have all the ARs I'll ever need.
3. ARs and AKs are not really my thing anyhow. Nothing against them, but I'm more into M1 Garands, old Mausers, and S&W revolvers, things like that. To each their own. The couple ARs that I have tend to just sit in the safe unused.
This is definitely not a build party I'm offering here lol.

Yes, I understand. My comments weren't directed at you, just "build parties" in general.
Yeah they made them illegal since effectively one guy is making them on a common set of specialized equipment. I can make jigs here and based on an evaluation of what you have/are comfortable with, layout a process for you to do one, and be able to repeat it on your own, here, home, or wherever you may need to use the skill in the future.

I didn't realize that build parties were illegal. My experience was 15+ years ago and we'd never heard of a "build party" back then; we were just some coworkers hanging out in a buddy's garage, mostly drinking beer and BSing. I have a feeling that some of the rifles that got assembled were barely functional.

I didn't realize that build parties were illegal. My experience was 15+ years ago and we'd never heard of a "build party" back then; we were just some coworkers hanging out in a buddy's garage, mostly drinking beer and BSing. I have a feeling that some of the rifles that got assembled were barely functional.
The illegal aspect is that it's basically one guy manufacturing a bunch of firearms on his tooling and the customers are there in person vs the guns sitting on a shelf at a type 7 ffl waiting for customers to place orders for them. It's pretty straight foward what's going on in most build parties. Or a guy comes in loads his billet chunk and presses start for a fee on the mill owners equipment. That mill owner is in effect manufacturing. In my case I will evaluate what you have vs what you need, fill in the blanks and teach you how to develop steps/ a system to make your own. The difference is, that you can do this however much you want without me after you learn how.

Thanks for offering this time and knowledge. I wish someone would offer this with form 1 suppressors. I have a drill press, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking a shot at it with someone knowledgeable standing by and guiding.
If you have the form one approval but don't know how to make one I could help you make it. I can't make it for you. Just like this 80% process. Btw, do you have an old drill press you could sell me? It doesn't have to be too heavy duty. I've seen jigs that'll press stainless steel freeze plugs into k baffles and you could then center punch n drill out once you get your form one done. I don't see someone knowledgeable enough to draw plans for and submit a form 1 also needing help learning how to use tools.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top