JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm familiar with the term; it just prompted the question when a request for help building an 80% gun was combined with a reference to a mental health hold.

Yes for now, assuming you can own a firearm, you can build one. Side Show Bob our AG does not like it, law makers made a ham handed effort to pass a law against the 80%. Law missed the mark but it did scare a lot of the people who sell them. Not wanting to take on the WA AG, since he has unlimited funds to fight and the seller would have to pay out of pocket for lawyers. So a lot of the people selling stopped selling here. The voters here had another chance to do something about this and decided they did not care. So for now it's OK but, would not hold out much hope it will last much longer.

Yes for now, assuming you can own a firearm, you can build one. Side Show Bob our AG does not like it, law makers made a ham handed effort to pass a law against the 80%. Law missed the mark but it did scare a lot of the people who sell them. Not wanting to take on the WA AG, since he has unlimited funds to fight and the seller would have to pay out of pocket for lawyers. So a lot of the people selling stopped selling here. The voters here had another chance to do something about this and decided they did not care. So for now it's OK but, would not hold out much hope it will last much longer.

Thank for the good response. I moved just north of battle ground. Still trying to read up on Washington gun laws, places to shoot, gun stores and of course all the other fun things to do in the PNW

Welcome, I just moved from the Bay Area because the dems are driving CA into the ground with higher taxes and more 2A restrictions.

We moved here in August and I want to try both Safe Fire Indoor Range in Camas and the English Pit off SE 192. I think its the only outdoor range in the area. I think they are going to move the range to Camp Bonneville from what I read.

Not sure how long you have been here, but you are going to love it! Take Care! Rick

Welcome, I just moved from the Bay Area because the dems are driving CA into the ground with higher taxes and more 2A restrictions.

We moved here in August and I want to try both Safe Fire Indoor Range in Camas and the English Pit off SE 192. I think its the only outdoor range in the area. I think they are going to move the range to Camp Bonneville from what I read.

Not sure how long you have been here, but you are going to love it! Take Care! Rick

Just for clarification, I'm not crazy I just like crazy adventures. I treat crazy people as a paramedic though
I work in health care and I know what you mean. A LARGE part of my job is taken up with use of force on people who are having mental break downs from either psych problems, drug and alcohol use, or the best ones, both at the same time. Some shifts its quite the party at work. Then Wife wonders why I come home "grouchy" :s0140:

In all fairness to the out of state sellers they'd have to pay defense fees out of pocket. The government could come after them with unlimited taxpayer dollars. If the seller is an FFL the ATF could charge them with violations of the federal GCA. This would be facilitated by the ATF reclassifying 80% lowers as firearm frames. Many 80% sellers can't afford to risk their firearm sales income for the benefit of selling 80% products. "You can't fight city hall" without going bankrupt in many cases. If the seller is a non-FFL the ATF could accuse them of selling firearm frames without a license and charge them under the GCA, arguing that the 80% frame is a firearm frame even before reaching 100% functional status.

OP, unlike in California a person can make a difference here. Write and call elected representatives and tell them that self-defense is a constitutional right. Tell them you are opposed to nanny-state laws that infringe on the right to self-defense . It makes a difference.

In all fairness to the out of state sellers they'd have to pay defense fees out of pocket. The government could come after them with unlimited taxpayer dollars. If the seller is an FFL the ATF could charge them with violations of the federal GCA. This would be facilitated by the ATF reclassifying 80% lowers as firearm frames. Many 80% sellers can't afford to risk their firearm sales income for the benefit of selling 80% products. "You can't fight city hall" without going bankrupt in many cases. If the seller is a non-FFL the ATF could accuse them of selling firearm frames without a license and charge them under the GCA, arguing that the 80% frame is a firearm frame even before reaching 100% functional status.

OP, unlike in California a person can make a difference here. Write and call elected representatives and tell them that self-defense is a constitutional right. Tell them you are opposed to nanny-state laws that infringe on the right to self-defense . It makes a difference.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top