JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I didn't want to start a new thread, but I'm hoping you guys can help me finish my AR 9.

First, I put a Magpul AFG on it and I hate it. It feels okay, looks stupid in my opinion. I want a low profile hand stop that will pretty much just look like a tab sticking down on the end of the handguard. I haven't really found one that I like yet.

Second, I want to replace the sba3 with something less bulky. Is there any other options out there other than the SB PDW or the Maxim CQB (I think it's called?)

View attachment 645048
Edit: also I finally got my mags from UPS over 2 weeks late.:mad:
Looks nice! No idea what to do with the foregrip but sounds like what you want is the blade type brace. They are just a flat piece of plastic with the velcro strap. Last I looked Primary had a couple versions of them. Glad they finally got the mags you paid for to you.

I finally got to the range today with my 80% AR9 build. I am very impressed with the Foxtrot Mike upper. Also, the LRBHO on my AAO Mfg. 80‰ Glock lower functioned perfectly. I did have to adjust the LRBHO when I built it but that was expected and pretty simple. I had maybe 3 FTF in several hundred rounds, which I blame on the ETS magazines. I could tell when I loaded them that they were going to have issues because the spring kept binding. 3 of the 5 ETS magazines functioned perfectly.

I love this little AR9. It's compact, accurate, easy to shoot, very little recoil, and the ammo is half the price of 556.

Attachments

• 20200111_152923.jpg
    20200111_152923.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 224
I finally got to the range today with my 80% AR9 build. I am very impressed with the Foxtrot Mike upper. Also, the LRBHO on my AAO Mfg. 80‰ Glock lower functioned perfectly. I did have to adjust the LRBHO when I built it but that was expected and pretty simple. I had maybe 3 FTF in several hundred rounds, which I blame on the ETS magazines. I could tell when I loaded them that they were going to have issues because the spring kept binding. 3 of the 5 ETS magazines functioned perfectly.

I love this little AR9. It's compact, accurate, easy to shoot, very little recoil, and the ammo is half the price of 556.
Sweet! These damn little guns are just a hell of a lot of fun. As for ETS, I gave up on them. They are a great Co but their stuff is hit and miss. I had a couple and the owner was fantastic to deal with. The mags? I had at the time 3 PCC's in 9mm. All 3 ran like a top with all my Glock mags. All 3 would not run with the ETS or those SGM mags. I gave the mags away here to another supporting member. If you want some Glock mags CDNN has been my go to place for decades. They have great prices when they have them and even often have them on sale.

Sweet! These damn little guns are just a hell of a lot of fun. As for ETS, I gave up on them. They are a great Co but their stuff is hit and miss. I had a couple and the owner was fantastic to deal with. The mags? I had at the time 3 PCC's in 9mm. All 3 ran like a top with all my Glock mags. All 3 would not run with the ETS or those SGM mags. I gave the mags away here to another supporting member. If you want some Glock mags CDNN has been my go to place for decades. They have great prices when they have them and even often have them on sale.
I emailed ETS about the problem. The 3 working mags were perfect in my AR9 and my Glock 19, so I'm not giving up on them yet. I want to see what ETS says. I don't compete (yet?) So a few FTF are okay at the range for me, but I will probably order at least one OEM Glock mag for the AR9 and I always use OEM mags for my carry guns.

Has anyone used an 80% jig ( easy jig, 5d tactical etc) to mill a P80 lower? I cant find anything about it really. My p80 lower came with the plastic jig but id rather just mill it in my easy jig with a router.

Anyone do an 80% AK build? I finally convinced myself to try this. My concern is the internal rails that need to be welded in place. My understanding is that I cannot hire anyone to put the rails in.

I found a kit that includes everything but the receiver, most kits come without a barrel that I saw.

The other thing about home builds from military kits, can you keep the full-auto trigger mechanism without penalty?

Can you conceal carry a home built pistol?

Thanks!

Anyone do an 80% AK build? I finally convinced myself to try this. My concern is the internal rails that need to be welded in place. My understanding is that I cannot hire anyone to put the rails in.

I found a kit that includes everything but the receiver, most kits come without a barrel that I saw.

The other thing about home builds from military kits, can you keep the full-auto trigger mechanism without penalty?

Can you conceal carry a home built pistol?

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer and can't give legal advice but I'm willing to bet a years salary you can't keep a full auto trigger without jumping through a lot of hoops.
I suspect you could legally carry pistol you made if you have your CHL but I would advise against it. In the unfortunate event you should ever need it you wouldn't want to appear special, different, enthusiastic, etc. my opinion is that it's best to go with a commonplace, unmodified pistol and commonplace unmodified bullets.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top