JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is my finished ar9. Started with an 80% Glock lower from AAO Mfg, Aero precision LPK. Foxtrot Mike's 5 inch fm-9 upper. Dirty bird PCC buffer kit and SBA3 brace. It looks pretty good, I wish the lower would have had a threaded pin for the bolt catch because I marred the finish some. I want to replace the takedown and pivot pin, and probably get some anti walk pins for trigger and hammer. I love how compact this thing is, probably going to put a Law tactical folder on it if the upper is compatible.

Edit: sorry for the poor image quality

View attachment 637469
NICE! Now get it to the range! These things are just too much damn fun. Folding adapter is on my Christmas list of stuff I will buy for me :D

I emailed foxtrot Mike's customer service to see if the fm9 is compatible with it because I haven't been able to find an answer.
Unless I missed something it looks like it just threads to a Mil-Spec lower and tube. If so it will not matter what you put it on as long as it's a Mil-Spec lower and tube.
Edit, here is the info from Brownells:
Law Tactical's steel adapter enables installation of a folding stock on any AR-15 to create a smaller-profile rifle for easy deployment from a vehicle or transport in non-permissive environments. Works with standard gas impingement OR gas piston system. Accepts A2, mil-spec M4-style, and commercial carbine receiver extension tube and almost any stock that fits them. Compatible with all standard bolt carrier groups, including full-auto and

So I can't see why it would not work with these. Looks to have nothing to do with the upper, only the lower

I emailed foxtrot Mike's customer service to see if the fm9 is compatible with it because I haven't been able to find an answer.
To use the Law folder with an AR9 bolt carrier, you have to remove the weight that is secured to the tail of the carrier to install the plug from Law. If your bolt has a removable weight then you can use it as long as the I.D. fits the plug that goes in there from Law.

Yeah I just wasn't sure and I didn't want to pay 200 bucks for it if it wouldn't wprk with my upper (BCG specifically).

Too bad Amazon does not sell these :D
I will be giving it a try on mine since I am 99.9% sure it will work. Both of my AR9 uppers have a pin holding the weight in so should pop out. Will check the weight of the insert against the weight of the adapter and as long as they are the same should not matter. Looking at the AR forum one guy was showing this with a little scale. That the counter weight in his AR9 Bolt was the same as the weight of the adapter that replaced it.
If for some reason it does not work should not be hard to make someone a deal on it and get most of my cash back. Could probably find a way to sneak it onto Ebay so the sensors there did not know what it was but buyers would. :s0114:

Too bad Amazon does not sell these :D
I will be giving it a try on mine since I am 99.9% sure it will work. Both of my AR9 uppers have a pin holding the weight in so should pop out. Will check the weight of the insert against the weight of the adapter and as long as they are the same should not matter. Looking at the AR forum one guy was showing this with a little scale. That the counter weight in his AR9 Bolt was the same as the weight of the adapter that replaced it.
If for some reason it does not work should not be hard to make someone a deal on it and get most of my cash back. Could probably find a way to sneak it onto Ebay so the sensors there did not know what it was but buyers would. :s0114:
They actually sell knock off law folders on wish.com. I wouldn't trust my life with it though.

I got an email back from Foxtrot Mike's. I asked if the fm-9 is compatible with the law tactical folder. Response was "Yes, it is. It works very well."

Here is a screenshot of one of the wish.com folding knock offs. They have a ton of AR accessories and parts on the site, but I am assuming it's mostly junk. Lots of knock off optics. I have not ordered anything from them so I can't say for sure but the ridiculous prices of some of the stuff makes me very skeptical.

Screenshot_20191203-081153_Wish.jpg

Here is a screenshot of one of the wish.com folding knock offs. They have a ton of AR accessories and parts on the site, but I am assuming it's mostly junk. Lots of knock off optics. I have not ordered anything from them so I can't say for sure but the ridiculous prices of some of the stuff makes me very skeptical.

View attachment 637536
I have to say I agree. I am BIG on finding a better price on stuff. Love to shop at Harbor Freight for example but, you of course have to have realistic expectations. I buy a lot of stuff from HF because for me it's fine. If it's something I am going to seldom use a lot of their stuff works fine. Now this? $200 compared to $20? There is no way I would want to put that on my gun and fire it.
I looked at the site again when I got home but since they insisted on me setting up an account to even see how it worked I did no try. If I start hearing great things about them I will have to revisit it but the price on this adapter is just too damn cheap for me to believe there is not something sorrily lacking here.

Now that my AR 9 is built, I just ordered my next project. Polymer 80 Glock compact frame. Seems like it will be fun to build a Glock 19, plus I already have a Glock 19 as my EDC so I can have a stock one and a fully modded beauty for the range.

View attachment 637536
For 19 bucks they are probably for a Airsoft gun.

Now that my AR 9 is built, I just ordered my next project. Polymer 80 Glock compact frame. Seems like it will be fun to build a Glock 19, plus I already have a Glock 19 as my EDC so I can have a stock one and a fully modded beauty for the range.
P80 Glocks are super easy. Best prices I've found are Rockey Brass 80 Percent Frames | Rockey Brass . They've got some $89 closeouts right now. There's a bunch of slide options out there. I've dealt with Brownells, Lone Wolf, and Rockey Brass. But my favorite for the money has been Rock Slide USA | Glock Compatible Uppers | Polymer 80 | Rock Slide USA .

If you like it don't wait too long to get as many as you think you want. They are going after these hard also. Some of the ones I am seeing lately look REALLY nice. I never have been a Glock fan and they look really nice to me :D
5D sent me an e-mail that they have a new design coming out for these. Looks like it will be able to be both a 17 & a 19. No doubt many law makers are having kittens over this :eek::eek:

I had no interest in them until recently. Decided I wanted to either do a 1911 or a Glock. Glock won out on build simplicity and options.
You aren't wrong about 80s being on the future naughty list. Honestly, I'm surprised they've survived thus far -- at least federally.

I had no interest in them until recently. Decided I wanted to either do a 1911 or a Glock. Glock won out on build simplicity and options.
You aren't wrong about 80s being on the future naughty list. Honestly, I'm surprised they've survived thus far -- at least federally.
Me too. I had kind of watched this stuff for years, never really cared to try. When it started to become easy to see they were going to go after it got more interested. Of course as soon as I got my feet wet with it then I was kicking myself I did not do it sooner. Even Wife, who normally pays little attention to this, is now supporting this. She has expressed a lot of interest in me doing a Glock now while we still can. May have to lay a couple in from Santa. Damn Christmas list is getting pretty pricey here thanks to you guys:s0140:

If you like it don't wait too long to get as many as you think you want. They are going after these hard also. Some of the ones I am seeing lately look REALLY nice. I never have been a Glock fan and they look really nice to me :D
5D sent me an e-mail that they have a new design coming out for these. Looks like it will be able to be both a 17 & a 19. No doubt many law makers are having kittens over this :eek::eek:
Honestly I thought they had already banned polymer 80 percent stuff in WA, I didn't think I could buy it here anymore at all. I emailed a company based here and they told me it was still legal for me to order and build one so I jumped on it.

Honestly I thought they had already banned polymer 80 percent stuff in WA, I didn't think I could buy it here anymore at all. I emailed a company based here and they told me it was still legal for me to order and build one so I jumped on it.
Many places will not sell you either kind any more, they are scared of the legal cost. It is easy to see the state was aiming at stopping these. Only reason its still not stopped is so often the people who write laws would not know a gun from a hammer. They are clueless, have staff who is clueless, so they write a law that only confuses people. So grab some while you can. I have no doubt the State will make another attempt at this and do better later.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top