JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear you smiddy. And to some degree I agree with you But your advice can end up costing someone a lot of grief, time and money. And probably their chl too... People get in legal trouble for oc'ing all the time. It's bs, but legal trouble none the less

If they "get in legal trouble for oc'ing all the time" please cite 3 instances for doing so recently.....

Smitty, I respectfully disagree.

Exposure on someone carrying openly is not a positive experience for a hoplophobe, it's a negative one. Negative experiences with gun owners don't' help us, they hurt us.

If you want to change people's minds on guns, open carry isn't the way to do it. Talking to your neighbors and friends, inviting your co-workers and associates to the range, getting people you know into a firearms training class at ANY level helps TONS.

I agree that lack of exposure is a problem for urbanites. But O/C tends to cement NEGATIVE views of people thinking armed citizens are all "gun-toting idiots looking for a fight," kind of thing. I've had a lot of conversations with literally hundreds of students on this stuff, including many people who were dragged kicking and screaming into my firearms classes by husbands etc. And that's the overwhelming majority of opinion I've gotten when I asked people about how they felt on O/C.

It has nothing to do with rights. It has everything to do with winning the fight, which is a long-term goal, not a short-term one. You change people's minds by cogent argument and friendly engagement, not by confrontation. Which frankly O/C seems largely to be about.

I hear you smiddy. And to some degree I agree with you But your advice can end up costing someone a lot of grief, time and money. And probably their chl too... People get in legal trouble for oc'ing all the time. It's bs, but legal trouble none the less

It went really bad for the folks in Arizona when a black man strapped an AR to his back and attended that rally. Now they have constitutional carry........

As an OC activist here in Washington, specifically the Tacoma/Seattle area, OC has been a non issue for me going about my daily business.

If they "get in legal trouble for oc'ing all the time" please cite 3 instances for doing so recently.....

State vs. Spencer http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/gunstuff/legal/State_v_Spencer.pdf

Joshua Watson Student convicted in open-carry gun case | The Columbian

Kurk Kirby Open-carry gun case ends with diversion deal | The Columbian

The Washington law is ridiculously over broad and leaves us at the mercy of the "feelings" of those around us. Watson and Kurby in particular are cases where frightened sheep gave testimony about being scared and that was enough to convict. In Spencer, the Washington Supreme Court ruled that the laws was not overbroad, and that the carrying of his weapon in "an assaultive manner" (with the magazine in it) was enough to justify fear in a reasonable person.

So legally, you are on very thin ice if you scare a sheep. And if you stand on your rights, you WILL be cited or arrested and you WILL lose in court. Kurby and Watson would both have been fine if they'd just concealed when asked to do so by the police. Spencer was arrested in a felony stop and things could have gone very badly indeed had he decided to argue the point there and then as I've seen some O/C guys do on youtube.

Absent intervention by the state legislature, current law favors the sheep, not the O/C guy.

You keep this crap up all the time.Not everyone has the state's attorney General's business card,and a once in a life time picture of themselves and said AG,downtown Seattle on their person all the time.

If the cops don't already know you are buddies with said AG,you probably will get into trouble with the local cops.
I just talked to someone else about how 3 cops will give you three answers about what is,in fact legal.
So by you,googoo,telling people it ain't no problem OCin' anywhere you want,you aren't really doing them any good.Cause a lot of places,the cops just don't know any better and don't really like the citizens having guns.

So please qualify your responses with,"since I am a close personal friend of the state AG...." Then say you think it's just fine to OC everywhere in the state.

Your rhetoric is stale

It went really bad for the folks in Arizona when a black man strapped an AR to his back and attended that rally. Now they have constitutional carry........

As an OC activist here in Washington, specifically the Tacoma/Seattle area, OC has been a non issue for me going about my daily business.

I got to meet the guy, at an OC Dinner my group goes to every month. We began the OC Dinner as a way for these non gun owner folks to become a little more famial with seeing people wearing guns. We generally eat at a buffet of some sort, Chinese or American... Anyhow many of the other diners feel comfortable enough to ask us gun-toter's a question or two usually regarding the hows on aquiring their own guns...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top