JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there any gun shops in the Northwest that have 8 pound kegs of powder for sale?
I remember one place north of Seattle, forgot the name of it. Maybe some place over in the Spokane- Idaho area? I live in Vancouver but I have a friend that travels the northwest. Powder Valley on the web, has good prices but with shipping fees you really need to buy six, 8-pound kegs for a good deal.

I've bought powder from Midway USA, 40lbs at a time, when Ramshot TAC and Xterminator went on sale for $9.99/lb. If you get a good price on powder, buy it. It stores for years. Many years. Stored correctly, I have never had an issue with powder ever going bad.

I should have bought 40 more pounds of each.

You are lucky if you can find a local store with large amounts of reloading components. Kesselrings had a good supply, just south of Bellingham, but that is a bit north of you.

Find a friend or two who reload and stock up. The hazmat fees won't be as painful that way.

The shop north of seattle was probably Kesselring. They carried 4 and 8 pounds jugs last time I was there a few years ago. You had to ask them to grab you a jug though as it was stored in a trailer in the parking lot.

I was in Lynnwood discount guns a few weeks ago and they had 8# (or maybe 4.. can't remember) jugs of various popular powders as well.

Adventure Sports in Lynnwood had 8# kegs when I was there last (about a year ago)

You could also see if there are other reloaders in your near area that will go in on a large order and spread out the haz-mat charge

I'm thinking that if you bought enough primers to light off that eight pounds,the hazmat fee would become a non-factor.I say this because 8 pund jugs have always been cheaper than pound jugs.

try Bob's in Longview,and the West Coast loan and gun shop,same city.Locally I'd see if Brightwater couldnt order it in if not in a hurry.

Thanks Yes Keselring is the gun shop I was the trying to remember. The Portland Expo gun show is terrible for powder. Over priced 1 lb or old powder from the condition of the containers.
Bob's in Longview had a lot of 1 lb powder but there prices are higher than Bi-mart. Bi-mart is kind of hit and miss many times not having what I want. I hate having a load worked up and then not having the powder to load some quantity. Rifle powders I use so much that 8 lbs. are much cheaper and last longer.

Thanks for the help

did u ask bi mart if they could order it in? they are pretty amenable that way most times. I don't think anyone is as cheap as bi mart..I love their prices,if they can order it I"m sure the price would be as good as it gets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top