JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I for one am not saying change The Constitution. But reign in the government that we have now. In many ways the government is and continues to run around like a untamed child.

I was looking for some voting stats in California after the last election. I found that on average voter turn out was 52%. Los Angeles county, largest county in the state (13 million) had 49% voter turn out. Somehow people think that they are powerless, that government is corrupt, that we need a revolution, that voting is rigged so your vote doesn't count, and then you get such stats on the other hand. It's not that changes aren't possible, it's that most people are okay with things the way they are :)

I do not think We need to revolt. But what can we do when voting doesn't work. Do you honestly think that the majority of The people think the government is fiscally stable? That their rules and regulations making and tax money spending is being carried out correctly in the eyes of The People?

I do not think We need to revolt. But what can we do when voting doesn't work. Do you honestly think that the majority of The people think the government is fiscally stable? That their rules and regulations making and tax money spending is being carried out correctly in the eyes of The People?

I just told you, majority of people don't care.

8 new gun control bills? Arent there enough?

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Seems abundantly clear to me. Why do we need to add anything?

One word: "Term Limits" Okay, that's two words but we need to get government under control and I don't believe that these guys have the best interest of the country in mind when they can spend our money like drunk sailors on liberty. I have to live within a balanced budget why shouldn't the government???

8 new gun control bills? Arent there enough?

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Seems abundantly clear to me. Why do we need to add anything?

because...

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court's opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller's holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those "in common use at the time" finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

The longer these tards tie everything up, the faster some worm will be endangered and these idiots will focus on something else. Oh, say, like the lesbians that got artificially inseminated, had the donor sign away parental rights, went on welfare, now the state in all it's infinite wisdom are suing him for child support.

They could ALL DEMOCRATS, AND REPUBLICANS, could care less about anything other than getting re-elected, and hearing themselves talk.....

The flaw I see in the courts having the final decision is this.

First, they are men and women just like us. Just because someone holds a high office position in this country does not mean they are above the law or get to make the laws at their opinions alone. This countries government is supposed to be ran for The People and The Peoples interests utmost and foremost.
Secondly, if we are to abide by rules of law, court decisions, then how can 9 judges have different views on one case...but majority rules, how can one case be ruled by one judge and then overturned by another?

The legal system seem to be very divided in many cases. The People and Our opinions should be the final determining factor not an unsure governmental court system that is divided itself. And BTW, the judges in court should still work for The People and We should not be threatened with jail time if we don't bow...Stand for their honorableness.

The flaw I see in the courts having the final decision is this.

First, they are men and women just like us. Just because someone holds a high office position in this country does not mean they are above the law or get to make the laws at their opinions alone. This countries government is supposed to be ran for The People and The Peoples interests utmost and foremost.

They are human yes, but their qualifications are very different from yours or mine. Unless of course you hold a law degree and practiced law extensively without telling anybody. Judges don't make law either, it's the function of legislatures to make law. And any bubblegumhead can make it into a legislature, with or without any education.

Secondly, if we are to abide by rules of law, court decisions, then how can 9 judges have different views on one case...but majority rules, how can one case be ruled by one judge and then overturned by another?

Most cases are overruled by higher courts. Some cases are overruled by bigger panel of the same court (en banc). Supreme Court only overrules itself on technicalities, not because they changed their mind.

The legal system seem to be very divided in many cases.

That's normal. But highest court has the final say in all matters.

The People and Our opinions should be the final determining factor not an unsure governmental court system that is divided itself.

"Should be" is once again an "over a beer topic". I prefer to talk about how things are or will be in here.

And BTW, the judges in court should still work for The People and We should not be threatened with jail time if we don't bow...Stand for their honorableness.

Not sure what to say to that. Overall, I think you got too much circular reasoning going on for you.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...ess-children-gun-free-zones-2.html#post746564

"What can I say? I have not been in many situations in which children point out mistakes. I spent eleven years in the military, six and a half in law enforcement, and five as a teacher, where admittedly, a few students corrected my pronunciation of foreign words a couple of times......so I guess you win the argument."

Gaijinsamurai is probably more honorable then some judges, maybe we should stand up at our keyboards in honor to him when he logs on to NWFA.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...ess-children-gun-free-zones-2.html#post746564

"What can I say? I have not been in many situations in which children point out mistakes. I spent eleven years in the military, six and a half in law enforcement, and five as a teacher, where admittedly, a few students corrected my pronunciation of foreign words a couple of times......so I guess you win the argument."

Gaijinsamurai is probably more honorable then some judges, maybe we should stand up at our keyboards in honor to him when he logs on to NWFA.

So standing up is your problem with judges ? I think you're just bored :)

So standing up is your problem with judges ? I think you're just bored :)

HAHAHA..no. The problem is the government has lost its way in my opinion. Yes, with judges included. The government is supposed to be working for The People not for themselves.

Hence, 8 new gun control bills introduced. Are they for the rights of the people or for more power to regulate the people for the government?

How does anyone ever introduce any laws or bills or right the wrongs if one only thinks about how things are here and now?

I am not a federal congressman, and I believe neither are you. We are not in the position to introduce any bills. Same goes for the state Congress. Your only option is to introduce a ballot initiative with your state of Oregon by collecting enough signatures. It is of course non-binding on the federal level :)

Are the people once again gonna let the government decide what is best for them even though the people disagree... Obamacare and the unconstitutional decision to agree with Obama by the supreme court judges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top