JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dianne, Dianne, Dianne...whatsamaddayou???

:rolleyes: :huh:

GAO: 8 million CCWs; Feinstein spins report to oppose nat’l reciprocity

The Government Accountability Office has just issued a report on concealed carry in the United States that says there are at least 8 million active concealed carry permits, and anti-gun California Senator Dianne Feinstein immediately said the report is proof that national CCW reciprocity would endanger the lives of police and private citizens.

<broken link removed>

Now I read that Pelosi had one, doesn't Feinstein have a CCW as well?

Seems she's just trying to protect her special status, as one of the few worthy of self protection... :(

California is slowly destroying this country. I wish we could give it back to Mexico.

No need to go to any extra effort in a few years the public there can just vote themselves back home. Jefferson mght try to hang on to the union. But other then that its headed there.

I like the idea being able to go anywhere in the USA with my CHL... but, the idea of handing over my CHL rights to the federal government scares the hell out of me.

I'd rather have to fight for my rights at the state level IMHO.
I'm the same size fish but in a much smaller pond.

Without going toooooo deeply into it, I would argue it wouldn't be any different than reciprocity of a driver license. The various states have varying traffic laws, what you can do in one state you may not be able to do in another state.

In Oregon we can carry CCW in public schools, in Washington (state) you cannot bring it into the building, but can be on school grounds while CCWing when picking up or dropping off your kids, etc. You would be responsible for knowing the "local" CCW laws, just like you would the traffic laws when driving interstate.

Now I read that Pelosi had one, doesn't Feinstein have a CCW as well?

Seems she's just trying to protect her special status, as one of the few worthy of self protection... :(

She used to have one issued by city or county of San Francisco. Interestingly enough SF had only 1 or 2 active permits at any point in time. In any case, DF doesn't have a permit anymore, but when she did have one, her excuse was "she was trained unlike the other citizens". Also there is a speculation that DF is deputized, and still has a right to carry nationwide under LEOSA.

California is slowly destroying this country. I wish we could give it back to Mexico.

Do you drink wine ? Eat strawberries ? Own an iPhone ? California is the largest economy of the union, don't forget that.

Would a national reciprocity law require standardized courses? Would there be support for standardization?

There was an intent to investigate the standardization - some committee was to be created. But the main bill didn't really deal with that.

Would a national reciprocity law require standardized courses? Would there be support for standardization?

Not sure if you're asking in the context of if that's in any (past, present, or future) national reciprocity legislation, or questioning the qualification processes (or lack thereof) but if you are questioning the standards of other states, are the the standards uniform across the states for a driver license?

Unlike Oregon, Washington state only requires a clean record, no documented mental issues, and pay the license fee. I don't have a problem with a Washington CPL holder CCW-ing in Oregon because they don't require documented "handgun handling" training.

It would be interesting to see how something like this would be crafted in a national reciprocity bill. If they do it honesty and "let" each state determine the requirements for their own residents and CCW laws pertaining to "do's & dont's", yet establishing reciprocity... It would be nothing short of amazing, but I won't hold my breath.

No. It is reciprocity between states, not a "national" license, just like your driver's license is a state issued, state regulated license. There is just an agreement that you can use it in other states, following the laws in the state you where you are driving.

As soon as you nationalize this then little by little the anti gunners will start to make it harder and harder to get one, keep one and we don't need one more federal dept of CWP that gets unionized under TSA and on and on. Keep it states rights but would agree with reciprocity.

why would you think that funny? I think of it as a base erosion of quality values that allowed us to get to a place where that *could* happen, where poor parenting taught generations of "special snowflakes" that nothing is bigger than them, not even the base framework of the nation.

I don't think it's funny one bit, I think it's sick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top