JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a long shot, but does anyone know where I might find chamber and cartridge dimensions, as well as load data for the upcoming 8.6 Creedmoor cartridge? I heard the spec has been finalized, and that Hornady has the data available, but it's not on their website, and when I asked them they said they're too busy to help me right now.

Thanks!

Looking at it, 8.6 BLK sounds much more appropriate. I was thinking it'd be a .338 Lapua competitor by the "creedmoor" name. Not generally impressed by Q's naming style

I agree, 8.6 BLK makes a whole lot more sense. IIRC, Kevin Brittingham (Q) said in his podcast that 8.6 BLK is what he and Ethan Lessard (lead engineer at Q) were originally calling it, but Hornady, who they're co-developing it with, wanted to capitalize on the popularity of Creedmoor brand.

In any case, whatever they end up calling it, I want to play with it, so I need dimensions and load data.

Last Edited:
Only thing I've seen online thus far. No load data whatsoever.

1629316284352.jpeg

What's wrong with "Honey Badger"?
Nothing specifically. The problem I have is the meme style names. I think they have a trash panda, sugar weasel, thunder chicken...... just not my thing. As I understand, they make excellent products and at least they aren't plastering their stuff with skulls and cool bro junk

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top