JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a free concert scheduled for next Sunday night at Hillsboro Stadium featuring some big name Christian artists including Crowder and Phil Wickham.

I was planning to attend with family until I read the event's FAQ page.

The event is going to be a "gun-free zone." The FAQ explicitly states that "firearms are prohibited." This is NOT a requirement that's listed on Hillsboro Stadium's website. Thus, I'm guessing it's something that the event organizers drummed up.

No exception is made for the trained, extensively- background-checked holders of Oregon Concealed Handgun Licenses. No exception is made even for off-duty or retired law-enforcement officers who carry legally-concealed firearms.

Sunday's event is going to be a mass gathering of "sitting ducks." I've decided not to take my family. Attendees should be clearly warned of the risks.

Here is a link to the FAQ:
https://www.goodnewstoday.world/faq

Good for you! I wouldn't go either. I think the odds of a mass shooter cutting loose is really low but why take the chance?
I bet in the last three recent mass shootings people didn't think it would happen to them.... surprise!

I avoid crowded places because I just don't like people and why put myself in a situation where I have to deal with morons? I don't know if you've noticed but it seems like people are a lot more stupid these days.

I mean I still go out to eat, catch a movie, and have a good time with the ladies. I just avoid big crowds and any business or private property (events etc.) that tries to tell me I can't legally carry with a valid license, I just vote with my dollars and go somewhere else. Accept the movie theaters lol I always conceal carry a pistol and some snacks into their establishment.

It's operated by the City of Hillsboro Parks and Recreation Department so I would think it's publicly owned.

Im not certain how it works if a private comapny rents the venue but but public buildings cant restrict lawfully carried guns

There is a free concert scheduled for next Sunday night at Hillsboro Stadium featuring some big name Christian artists including Crowder and Phil Wickham.

The event is going to be a "gun-free zone." The FAQ explicitly states that "firearms are prohibited." This is NOT a requirement that's listed on Hillsboro Stadium's website. Thus, I'm guessing it's something that the event organizers drummed up.

No exception is made for the trained, extensively- background-checked holders of Oregon Concealed Handgun Licenses. No exception is made even for off-duty or retired law-enforcement officers who carry legally-concealed firearms.

Sunday's event is going to be a mass gathering of "sitting ducks." I've decided not to take my family. Attendees should be clearly warned of the risks.

Is there an exception for those who would ignore such request?

Like several people I've dealt with they say, well I have studied the topic extensively. Mother Jones and the Guardian agrees with me so I am right. Until you get the bad guys to read what you read, you are not right.

"No exception is made for the trained, extensively- background-checked holders of Oregon Concealed Handgun Licenses. No exception is made even for off-duty or retired law-enforcement officers who carry legally-concealed firearms."

Rrrright.....because the PD will have loads of on-duty offices who will just be hanging around at this event.

Maybe, that doesn't apply to "off duty cops" who are paid by the event organizers (aka: "special duty police"). Though nowadays, I can see how "no guns" means NO GUNS to some. Ouch. "Jr. was afraid, the Police Officer had a gun." Rrrrright......like how some PC Resturants are interpreting it.

Whatever.....

Cant_fix_stupid.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

If its free, why not just conceal anyway and go. $20 says you sale right through security. Even with metal detectors, a belly band + big metal belt buckle will usually confuse the low IQ volunteers or law paid workers.

Worst case you are turned away.

Good point. Still, they're advertising that firearms are prohibited. That alone makes the event a possible target for some bad actor.

This is a good point. And I wasn't trying to beat up on you. A Christian rally withing driving range of the antifa basement dwellers is a risk.

However are we going to surrender our culture to a fear of violence?

Honestly, we all know it's there for liability purposes.

Lawyers write the rules. Besides, I recall something about buying a sword.....

I hear you, Brandon.

My family and I are still just not going to go. I've decided that any mass gathering of people where they've announced a "firearms prohibited" policy is just too tempting a target for someone with evil intent. Granted, an incident is statistically unlikely but...it's exactly the kind of event a bad guy would choose. YMMV

Boy thats a lot of places off limits then. Most every place has a no weapons policy.

Huh? I'm not sure where your talking about. No signs posted at most restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Hillsboro Stadium doesn't even have this policy normally (at least not according to their website). Granted, I usually avoid downtown Portland but that's become an Antifa-enabling cesspool anyway.

Huh? I'm not sure where your talking about. No signs posted at most restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Hillsboro Stadium doesn't even have this policy normally (at least not according to their website). Granted, I usually avoid downtown Portland but that's become an Antifa-enabling cesspool anyway.

Most concert venues have policies. Many restauraunts and stores do if you dig in their websites.
Thing is in Oregon a sign or policy has no legal standing so many places dont post them.

Regardless, if you want to go to a concert I would still go. See if you can get in, if not go back and lock it in the car. I realise the frustration but we still gotta do things in life we want to do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top