JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I stupid to consider building an "AR10" in 7mm-08? I have another rifle in the house (bolt action hunting rifle) in 7mm-08 for others the family (kids). I do reload. I do not want to have another caliber around the house to buy factory ammo for and to learn a new load for. It would be easier for me to just have my AR in 7mm-08 as opposed to 308.

I am aware that finding a barrel in 7-08 for an AR is difficult, but I have seen some and I would not be opposed to having a custom one done.

The purpose of this rifle will mainly be a range gun, for some long distance shooting (ie. 300 yard at least). And though there is a lot of Factory 308 out there, and a lot of match grade, I think the 7-08 has it's advantages too.

I've been thinking the same thing. Interested to hear what others have done. And what they did about the barrel...did you have to have one custom reamed?

Worded that wrong - was asking other members what they did if they had built a 7mm-08 version. Nice to hear Wilson makes them...should be a less expensive option than getting a blank reamed.

I'd love to build an AR10 7mm 08 one of these days as well. Just like 3mta3 said, better ballistics for sure. Of course, If I built one, it would be for precision type shooting. I was just thinking this morning, when this 308 barrel burns out, I'm putting a 7mm08 barrel on my new AR10. I'm hoping that won't be for a while though:

eCtnJ6K.jpg

I'd love to build an AR10 7mm 08 one of these days as well. Just like 3mta3 said, better ballistics for sure. Of course, If I built one, it would be for precision type shooting. I was just thinking this morning, when this 308 barrel burns out, I'm putting a 7mm08 barrel on my new AR10. I'm hoping that won't be for a while though:

View attachment 447029

Nice looking setup there. Thanks for the encouragement.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top