JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone,
Its not really a black powder item but on an Africa Hunting form
someone posted pictures of a 750 double rifle made in Italy.

Things like this are why I'll never have any retirement savings...

By the way; October Country advertises an 8 Bore muzzle loader.
I think it retails for about $2,500.

Blessings,
Longbeard

double-rifle-750-nitro_express-01.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-02.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-03.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-04.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-11.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-17.jpg

A starting load of 200 grains of RL 22 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

What does that firearm weigh? It's huge (and probably has to be to keep your shoulder on your torso when fired)!

Last Edited:
Here's an idea to replenish that retirement account. Let folks know when you have it at the range so they can show up and purchase a few shots! I'd pay to take a couple with that cannon!

Hell, I'd fire it for sure! I'd have something to brag about when I'm
sitting around the Old Folks Home: "Oh yea? Do you know what I
did one day..."
I'm saving up my pennies for an 8 bore muzzle loader from October Country.
L.B.
I wish, my shoulders would be blown off though.

Would be a hell of a story.

I fired one round out of a .375 mag. :eek:
It had more of a shove than a jolt in recoil.:rolleyes:
Had a headache the rest of the day. :(

Like an idiot I sold it but, I used to have a Sako TRG-S in .375 H&H; the recoil wasn't
bad at all but, I'm also 6' and 225 (if I can keep my face out of the pizza & donuts) so
I have lots of mass behind the rifle to absorb recoil.
Longbeard

At the risk of being a pansy, :eek: I don't think shootin that thing would interest me- broke my right shoulder once in a cycling mishap, don't need to do that again at this stage of my life.. but it would be tempting, just cuz... :p
A crew-served shoulder fired field artillery piece.. 1 to fire it, and 2 to provide medical intervention ...

Last Edited:
I'd shoot it, once anyway!

I had a Ruger 375. When I first got it 9 or 10 rounds would give me a headache. A better stock and recoil pad helped a lot with that.

Thanks for posting the video, @tac .

Other than for bragging rights I see no practical purpose in North America. My old next door neighbor had two identical 460 S&W revovlers and he would shoot one out of each hand at the same time. Not sure he hit anything but I thought it was impressive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top