JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone,
Its not really a black powder item but on an Africa Hunting form
someone posted pictures of a 750 double rifle made in Italy.

Things like this are why I'll never have any retirement savings...

By the way; October Country advertises an 8 Bore muzzle loader.
I think it retails for about $2,500.

Blessings,
Longbeard

double-rifle-750-nitro_express-01.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-02.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-03.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-04.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-11.jpg double-rifle-750-nitro_express-17.jpg

A starting load of 200 grains of RL 22 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

What does that firearm weigh? It's huge (and probably has to be to keep your shoulder on your torso when fired)!

Last Edited:
Here's an idea to replenish that retirement account. Let folks know when you have it at the range so they can show up and purchase a few shots! I'd pay to take a couple with that cannon!

Hell, I'd fire it for sure! I'd have something to brag about when I'm
sitting around the Old Folks Home: "Oh yea? Do you know what I
did one day..."
I'm saving up my pennies for an 8 bore muzzle loader from October Country.
L.B.
I wish, my shoulders would be blown off though.

Would be a hell of a story.

I fired one round out of a .375 mag. :eek:
It had more of a shove than a jolt in recoil.:rolleyes:
Had a headache the rest of the day. :(

Like an idiot I sold it but, I used to have a Sako TRG-S in .375 H&H; the recoil wasn't
bad at all but, I'm also 6' and 225 (if I can keep my face out of the pizza & donuts) so
I have lots of mass behind the rifle to absorb recoil.
Longbeard

At the risk of being a pansy, :eek: I don't think shootin that thing would interest me- broke my right shoulder once in a cycling mishap, don't need to do that again at this stage of my life.. but it would be tempting, just cuz... :p
A crew-served shoulder fired field artillery piece.. 1 to fire it, and 2 to provide medical intervention ...

Last Edited:
I'd shoot it, once anyway!

I had a Ruger 375. When I first got it 9 or 10 rounds would give me a headache. A better stock and recoil pad helped a lot with that.

Thanks for posting the video, @tac .

Other than for bragging rights I see no practical purpose in North America. My old next door neighbor had two identical 460 S&W revovlers and he would shoot one out of each hand at the same time. Not sure he hit anything but I thought it was impressive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top