JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to this. They replaced the INSAS with the NIR. Now the are replacing that with Sigs? The INSAS looks like an AK with an HK cocking mechinism.

Last Edited:
They wanted to replace the INSAS with that. But they realized their error, they aren't very good at designing a reliable rifle!

They also found 5.56 to not fit what they need so they're going 7.62 NATO for the frontline.

They'll still keep 5.56 as well. But its going to be mixed between the two. So they're trying to outsource their equipment.

Regardless, that's a ton of money for Sig. Both rifles and red dots.

Not to mention their pistol contract with the US military

Which makes me wonder why they are too cheap to fix the problems with P227 mags; instead of replacing the springs, they just discontinued the P227 - too much trouble I guess?

It seems to me that SIG is moving away from their metal framed guns to plastic striker guns.

I don't care for those SA micros that SIG makes - no real diff between those and others IMO. I want to try the trigger on a P365, but for me, a real SIG handgun is DA/SA with a decocker.

I kinda stumbled onto this micro compact pistol thing in the last month or so. I also have a Glock 26. I prefer the Sig and yet the G26 is suprisingly accurate as heel. Before these the only compact I had was a Para Ordinance P-12 compact. These are even smaller than that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top