JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One possibility -- if you removed the hand from the trigger you have to be careful to re-engage the torsion spring when replacing the hand. Otherwise the hand won't reliably engage the extractor lugs to rotate the cylinder. Worth checking.

I will check that out. I am assuming that the hand is the peice that sits right on top when you first pop the side cover.
Thanks for your input.

Go to Brownell's and look at the parts diagram for your pistol. Part # 71 is the hand torsion spring. That spring must keep tension on the hand, so when it rises during cocking it keeps firm pressure on the back of the cylinder when it engages it.

The part that sits right on top when the sideplate is removed is the hammer flag.

The hand is the polished (generally) arm that is attached to the trigger. Inside the top of the trigger is a spring that is supposed to sit on one of the posts on the hand, forcing it forward through the window in the frame to engage the ratchet on the cylinder. This spring can come off the hand post fairly easily when the gun is disassembled. Check that first and hope that its a simple matter like that. After that, the fixes become less simple...

Browning 55
jbett98
mountainbear

Thanks for your input. I was just getting ready to order a spring. When I took the gun apart I was careful to mark every peice and I did not see any spring my itself as shown in the two different schematics I found on the internet. Your emails helped me find the spring. It was hidden in side the trigger assembly. It works great now.

This one was not in great shape when I got it but here it is now.
Next will be addressing what to do with those old sights that are beat.
Thanks again.................Pete

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads