JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to the Fox News poll above, on average, 47% say stricter gun laws will help, while "only" 35% of gun owner households believe this. These are still historically low numbers.

So if 71% want government to do something about "gun violence", clearly stricter laws are not what they're (all) looking for. Maybe harsher penalties for criminals?

Last Edited:
Take away the gang violence and your problem is solved.

Yes! But that's not what the people are being exposed to... the media only shows the abnormal events and plays them up big time!!! People want something done, put a cork in the media hype...

Yes! But that's not what the people are being exposed to... the media only shows the abnormal events and plays them up big time!!! People want something done, put a cork in the media hype...

Yah, or alternatively hype up the gang/habitual crimes...nah, doesn't fit the agenda to disarm the public.

Hey just like that study I found the methodology of before where they only sampled 1000 people across the nation again. Reminder thats not enough and totally misrepresenting the actual national interest.

From the actual sample they conducted: Fox News Poll document 6/4

Methodology
Interviews were conducted May 11-14, 2019 among a random national sample of 1,008registered voters (RV). Landline (231) and cellphone (777) telephone numbers were randomlyselected for inclusion in the survey using a probability proportionate to size method, whichmeans phone numbers for each state are proportional to the number of voters in each state.Results based on the full sample have a margin of sampling error of ± 3 percentage points.The Fox News Poll is conducted under the joint direction of Beacon Research (D) and Shaw &Company Research (R).
Note: In 2019, the firm Anderson Robbins Research changed its name to Beacon Research; the Fox Newsbipartisan polling team remains unchanged.
Fieldwork conducted by Braun Research, Inc. of Princeton, NJ.Fox News Polls before 2011 were conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corporation.
Results are of registered voters, unless otherwise noted. An asterisk (*) is used for percentages of less than one-half percent. A dash (-) represents a value of zero.Some percentages may not add to 100% due to rounding. In the same way, percentages in "total"columns may be one point more or less than the sum of their parts due to rounding.

Last Edited:
I didn't read how the poll questions were presented. Did they read a list of 3 question or was it open to say your top concerns? These polls never list retirement, social security, education, crooked politicians, ect. They tend to list verbatim what the latest news cycle says. I'm in my 50s and I never get polled.

And, yet, violent crime has fallen dramatically in the last quarter century. From Pew Research:

Violent crime in the U.S. has fallen sharply over the past quarter century. The two most commonly cited sources of crime statistics in the U.S. both show a substantial decline in the violent crime rate since it peaked in the early 1990s. One is an annual report by the FBI of serious crimes reported to police in approximately 18,000 jurisdictions around the country. The other is an annual survey of more than 90,000 households conducted by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, which asks Americans ages 12 and older whether they were victims of crime, regardless of whether they reported those crimes to the police.

Using the FBI numbers, the violent crime rate fell 49% between 1993 and 2017. Using the BJS data, the rate fell 74% during that span. (For both studies, 2017 is the most recent full year of data.) The long-term decline in violent crime hasn't been uninterrupted, though. The FBI, for instance, reported increases in the violent crime rate between 2004 and 2006 and again between 2014 and 2016.

Make the revolving jail cell doors end at a wood chipper.
I hear the Fargo Woodchipper brand is pretty good...
Fargo Woodchipper.jpg

Actually, that number isn't to hard to believe, only to accept! Think about this, they estimate the numbers of gun owners in the States to be about 1/3 of the total population, give or take a few hundred thousand, and estimates are over 100 Million people distributing 350 million firearms! With me so far? 1/3 isn't quite equal to 32.5% of 71 but close enough for horse shoes and hand grenades! SO, basically, 2/3 of our friends and neighbors say guns are bad!
And put on your tin foil, take those same numbers and run them through the voting booth and I bet the same percentages pop out a Democrat for what ever election you want to look at!

Take away the gang violence and your problem is solved.
LOL
But to even talk about that makes you a racist, regardless of the truth of the matter. Nope gotta go on about crazy white guys and their guns. That's always the safest/easiest route.

Last Edited:
Ok fine I'm a racist. Happy? Can we address the actual issue now?
I did address the issue.
People claim "gun violence" is a major problem
The real problem is GANG violence which far and away is committed by ethnic minorities, upon other minority people. Look at Chicago this past weekend. How many of those shooters and/or victims were white? How about Asian? However, to point that out gets you called racist and the rather feckless reporting class we have fears that more than anything so, they call it "gun violence" and use their preferred stereotype of white males to represent this "problem". School/mass shootings are actually quite rare but the news sensationalizes it and keeps it in their headlines for extended periods to help further their disarmament agenda.
ETA: When they control the language, they control the narrative.

IMO I don't think the average trustafarian sitting in their South Waterfront condo or soccer Mom from the suburbs really truly cares about Chicago-style gang violence. When their kids started murdering each other, that's when they started looking for someone to blame. Now any shooting anywhere is put under a loupe, even if it's a couple of 'bangers meting out street justice. But it's the kids that are driving the news coverage. If we want to keep our rights, we need to be watching the kids real close. Fair or not, every time a kid does something stupid, another 1000 voters turn against us.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top