JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dick's Sporting Goods had a flyer in this mornings paper showing $200 off on a Remington 700 Varmint with an unnamed 4-12X40 scope. $499 minus a $50 mail-in rebate brings the price down to $449.98
Bull barrel, X-mark pro trigger, assorted calibers. May be a good deal for the Remington fans.
<broken link removed>

UPDATE BELOW

You are absolutely right. I have the original ad from the 13th right here and it shows the final price as $449.
It looks like they dropped another $50 this week. I gotta wonder if it has anything to do with bad press that the 700 has gotten lately.
If you get by there for a look, post what the 'mystery scope' is.

You are absolutely right. I have the original ad from the 13th right here and it shows the final price as $449.
It looks like they dropped another $50 this week. I gotta wonder if it has anything to do with bad press that the 700 has gotten lately.
If you get by there for a look, post what the 'mystery scope' is.

That must have slipped by me. Could you enlighten?
Thanks!

Well, As for the mystery scope..... its still a mystery. One of the adjustment tower caps has a "R" stamped on it.... suggesting Remington I suppose. The box that the scope comes in is labeled with "Made in China" and the scope itself is VERY light. Probably not much glass inside. The worst part is the cheesy scope rings and "base".... Think 10/22 clamp style mounting..... meh.
Nonetheless, I just scored a 26" bull barrel .308 Rem. 700with beavertail stock in full camo for $399!!!

Thanks for posting this!

i just bought a remmy 700, 270wsm. had a bit of a problem locking the bolt on a loaded chamber and ejecting the spent round. one trip to allison and carey gunworks. problem solved, no charge to me. it is my new go to rifle.

That stuff about the 700 is old news. I still could never get over all the people who where shot by 700's...one lady shot their own child because she had it aimed horizontally into their travel trailer. Needless to say, it misfired (who really cares if it was mishandling or trigger malfunction) and the high power rifle bullet went through it like a piece of cardboard. Common sense says into the ground when handling a firearm with a loaded chamber. In all the years of big game hunting, I never went hiking around with a loaded chamber. No need.

New to the site. Letting everyone know that I made my purchase several weeks ago. I sold the chinese scope to a guy wandering around the lodge before I even left the store. $20.00, so it was probably a good deal for both of us. He got the cheap rings too. My rifle is in a .223. Should I take off the Leupold bases (aluminum) and replace with better ones? I have some old Weaver rings that I would put back on the rifle. While I was there I bought 20 boxes of Winchester pheasant load. This put me over the $600 level, so I signed up for the scorecard and think I should be getting $30 in Dick's gift cards. $449 - $50(Remington) - $20(scope) - $30(scorecard)= $349.00 plus tax. Any recommendations on a replacement stock? I hear a lot of good things about HS. I can get Bell Carlson wholesale. Are they any good?

I had an HS precision police stock on my varmint. I really liked it despite being heavy. But it was a bench gun anyway so... The police stock has a full length aluminum bedding block in it and the barrel was free floated the full length. I'd go with HS for sure.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top