JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

MASSILON, Ohio - Evidence of the slumping economy is stacking up at an Ohio school which has nearly 700 applications for one open janitorial job.

Officials at Perry Local Schools near Canton in northeast Ohio say they've extended the deadline until Monday to accommodate the overwhelming response to the week-old posting.

The full-time position at Edison Junior High School pays $15 to $16 an hour plus benefits.

Superintendent John Richard says many applicants are laid-off workers with heart-wrenching stories about the tough economic times.

Forty-nine-year-old Donna Croston says she applied after losing jobs at two nearby factories that closed.

Croston says her chances of being hired amid the hundreds of applicants are slim, but she's hoping to get lucky.

Wow...

My wife and I are stocking up on food staples, gas, diesel, and drinking water now while the getting is still good. The great thing about it is that it doesn't cost any extra. While I burn the gas next year in my truck I'll be saving to fill it again when it's empty for another years storage. Water is almost free and is on the same one year rotation. Bags of rice, oatmeal, and beans are all cheap, filling, and will be used. Prepare while you can. If you have any questions I'll tell you what I know. I'm new to this way of thinking too. Stocking up can save you if the economy goes to poo poo and if you lose your job. It's a great security knowing extra is there.

<broken link removed>

Are those barrels you sell clean enough to drink from, store food like rice in, etc? :D

Clean enough for me and my family. I have plastic 55's that held rice syrup. I use one of these to store drinking water. 55 gallons at one gallon per day (this does not include water for cleaning) comes to 18 days of water for a family of three. I have steel drums with plastic removable lids that held tomato sauce that I use for dry goods. And regular steel drums that I keep 55 gallons of gas in case there is a refinery strike or worse. 1.5 months of driving to work and back. But I don't want to change the topic of this thread. Please check out the website for any further questions. Nic <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top