JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How in the hell do they come up with 7 being the point at which a magazine goes from safe and sane to illegal? Is it based on some mathematical formula, the number of overseas bank accounts Cuomo has, the number of years Barry wishes a presidential term lasted, or perhaps the number of husbands Herr Feinstein has had?

Lucky for me, all my guns have exactly 7 rounds. :s0155:

So now my M1 Garand is banned!
If General Patton isn't spinning in his grave, then he is trying to dig his way out and give some serious a** kicking to the lame stooges that came up with that number.

7 rounds because it allows you a revolver and basically 2 or 3 types of guns that have 7 round magazines available.

Because now every gun that comes with a 10 round mag is ILLEGAL. Nobody makes 7 round Magazines for any modern pistol or rifle. Your guns after you sell the mags out of state are now LEGALLY single shot pistols. There is no way for you to legally own a glock because there are no 7 round mags for them. It is now a SINGLE SHOT PISTOL.

They just banned EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WOULD. you are now legally allowed to own bolt action rifles, your semi's are now slower than bolt action because you have to feed bullets one at a time. Oh except for the madmen that are planning on shooting up large public places. They didnt turn their High Cap mags in :s0077:

Isnt there a 1 year window for NY residents to sell their newly "illegal" stuff out of state? So now here is a moral question: Do we as pro-2A citizens and gun owners express our solidarity with our NY compatriots by buying their stuff or by not buying their stuff?

Of course maybe the smart ones will sell 2/3 of their stock at panic prices and have the cash to spend on brand new mags at post-panic prices after the NY law is challenged and found unconstitutional.

take that back, there are some rifles including ARs that have 5 rd mags available for hunting. and 1911s of course. but it effectively banned 90 percent of guns

According to what I have read on a NY forum 10 round mags are grandfathered in as long as the were part of the original gun purchase but can only be loaded with seven rounds UNLESS you are at a range or in competition. Regardless I'll bet the criminals are drooling like rabid Wolverines about now.

According to what I have read on a NY forum 10 round mags are grandfathered in as long as the were part of the original gun purchase but can only be loaded with seven rounds UNLESS you are at a range or in competition. Regardless I'll bet the criminals are drooling like rabid Wolverines about now.

OHHHH, but how do you prove THAT mag came with YOUR gun??? oops, cant, straight to jail you go! dont you wish your friends listened to you when you told them we were trying to grab your guns? :s0112:

I read through the entire text of the bill yesterday and didn't see anything mention 7 rounds. There was only the 10 round limitation and the proposal to remove all the old grandfathering regulations, basically making a legal past purchase illegal. That last bit would probably be an interesting entry point for yet another lawsuit.

OHHHH, but how do you prove THAT mag came with YOUR gun???
Likewise how do THEY prove YOU didn't buy it with the gun - but that is covered also. I believe they have a 90 day window in which to by ten rounders. Regardless the legal gun owners are wringing their hands in the air while the neanderthals are foundling their high caps like a, well you know what.

Easy fix gentleman.
Carry 10 6 round 357 magnums.
6x10=60 rounds!
As fast as you can draw them!
New York reload (plural New York reloads)
1. The act of drawing a second handgun when the first jams or runs out of bullets, rather than reloading the first, in order to gain a speed advantage

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top