JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Under the new proposed federal rules my Ruger 10/22 will become an "Assault Rifle" and illegal because I put an adjustable-folding stock on it.
Same with my Mossberg 500 pump shotgun which I put and adjustable, recoil absorbing stock on...............just so stupid.

I feel your pain.... The stock broke a number of years ago on my Sako 7mm Golden Eagle rifle I use for hunting every year. I replaced the stock with a nice custom stock with a thumb hole. If the legislation were to pass, my hunting rifle will now have "one" of the features that makes it an "assault" gun and would be banned... The only "assault" this gun has ever made on anyone or anything has been a number of paper targets each year to check the scope and some pretty tasty local elk and antelope I took in Wyoming. Can someone explain to me how the stock on a rifle in anyway makes it magically change from a hunting rifle to an evil "assault" weapon?

I feel your pain.... The stock broke a number of years ago on my Sako 7mm Golden Eagle rifle I use for hunting every year. I replaced the stock with a nice custom stock with a thumb hole. If the legislation were to pass, my hunting rifle will now have "one" of the features that makes it an "assault" gun and would be banned... The only "assault" this gun has ever made on anyone or anything has been a number of paper targets each year to check the scope and some pretty tasty local elk and antelope I took in Wyoming. Can someone explain to me how the stock on a rifle in anyway makes it magically change from a hunting rifle to an evil "assault" weapon?

Because that evil thumbhole stock will let you spray millions of boolets into the crowded shopping malls, schools, and churches of 'mericuh and you'll be stacking dead bodies like cord wood. At least, that's the logic that the banners are using. Never mind that even well built, polished, butter smooth bolt actions take a second to work, and most hunting rifles have an internal 3-5 round fixed magazine. It's a wonder they haven't attacked the venerable lever action guns, because the way the stock drops you have a pistol like grip at the neck. I've seen plenty of guys in cowboy movies hip firing their lever guns. And those guns have bigger magazines. Of course, all cowboy gun wielding maniacs are well trained desperado's who will be stacking up the bodies like cord wood again. Then the "good guys" can ride in on their black, armored trucks with their "good" black assault rifles (because they're from the government, and here to help, don't you know) and slaughter the bad men. But only after the bad man has killed a thousand people with his bolt guns or lever guns and his 5 or 6 shooters.

SHHHHHHH!!!! Don't give 'em any ideas about the lever action assault rifles with that flip down shoulder thingy by the pistol grip!

damn... my 44 mag marlin's mag is too big! if only it held just 7 or less rounds, it'd be a safe firearm...

This is slightly off topic, so I apologize in advance, however reading the thread messages about the magazine capacities and such got me to thinking....

If any of you are old enough, you will remember 30 to 40 years ago the big buzz word for "bad guns" was a "Saturday Night Special". Everyone was harping about wanting to get rid of "Saturday Night Special" handguns because they were being used in so many crimes. They were just as badly identified as the current buzz word of "assualt rifle", but generally considered to be a small, cheap, easily obtained revolver. I find it interesting that thinking back to the movies of the time (Dirty Harry for one) more of the movies were about handguns than "assault rifles". These days, all the shows include "assualt rifles" with extended mags, holographic sites, tactical lights, etc.I honestly feel that hollywood has done a huge disservice to the gun owners of America by portraying guns in a way that inspires the "one foot already over the edge" wacko's out there to steal a weapon and live out whatever fantasy they have running around in their skull from having watched the latest movie/cop show on TV. I especially like how in Hollywood, bullets spark, a car door is adequate protection from an AR firing at you, and characters manage to hold tight groupings while shooting with their eyes closed....

None of this of course deals with the issue at hand, but I wonder how do we refute these images on TV to those in the community who take all of this as factual evidence; including that somehow limiting a mag to 7 rounds is "safer"?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top