JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was my question also. I suspect somehow revolvers and 1911's became the gist of the discussing for the final outcome.

That's my guess also. Was this done inadvertently because they didn't realize that seven-round magazines aren't made for most other guns or did they do it on purpose? Either is possible, but the outcome probably suits them just fine.

I haven't read the exact language, but it sounds like this applies to removable magazines - which means tube-fed guns are still ok, and I'd guess SKS's and Garands would be ok (but, I could certainly be wrong).

All law enforcement officers and security officers should be required to carry no more than 7 rounds in NY. If they complain that the criminals will out gun them, then why doesn't this logic apply to the public?

What about if you carry 7+1? Is that 8? Or because one is in the chamber is it only 7? Hmm?

And what about the several 8 shot revolvers? It isn't a magazine, so is it exempt?

Maybe now Glock will see a market for a slim, single stack 9mm or .45ACP like the Kahr. Glock has consistently claimed "there's no market for such a gun" despite the obvious. Now they have a whole state where you can't have more than 7 rounds per mag - thus forcing a market for them... hope the poor bastards in New York challenge this crap and toss Cuomo and the likes out on their duffs. How much longer can they go that way with their heads in their rectums? Seriously?

There are parts of NYC, and others, that cops won't go, period. How do they plan on enforcing some chicken poo magazine ban there?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Cuomo is a piece of work. Wait for the doctored "data" to show how many lives HE saved by enacting this ban, when he runs for President 2016.

Of course maybe the smart ones will sell 2/3 of their stock at panic prices and have the cash to spend on brand new mags at post-panic prices after the NY law is challenged and found unconstitutional.

Just asking but on what basis would it be found un-Constitutional?

7 rounds because it allows you a revolver and basically 2 or 3 types of guns that have 7 round magazines available.

Because now every gun that comes with a 10 round mag is ILLEGAL. Nobody makes 7 round Magazines for any modern pistol or rifle.

Uhh... my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II has 7 rd Kimber mags

Just asking but on what basis would it be found un-Constitutional?

There is some ex post facto breech according to one NY attorney. But that is just on magazines. Their best bet would be an argument that under Heller ruling there is a fundamental right to "assault weapons" for defense just like handguns. Its not a sure thing and probably a long shot. But there is a clear path to the SCOTUS if NYers are willing to fight for it.

There is some ex post facto breech according to one NY attorney. But that is just on magazines. Their best bet would be an argument that under Heller ruling there is a fundamental right to "assault weapons" for defense just like handguns. Its not a sure thing and probably a long shot. But there is a clear path to the SCOTUS if NYers are willing to fight for it.

What is ex post facto breech?

I've seen a lot of comments on the forums about how stupid the anti-gunners are and nothing could be farther from the truth. Talking about the plotters here, not the useful idiots.

They are playing the dumbed-down and fearful American sheeple populace like a violin.

Americans are getting more complacent, apathetic and stupid by the year. (Idiocracy on steriods)

Sorry, but people in 1994 were not as gullible as we are and the ban back then still was pushed through. Americans have proven that they are willing to swallow every lie, accept every sacrifice and loss of freedom thrown at them since 1994. We are inurd to every abuse now and accept every violation with a whimper. By we, I mean the vast majority of Americans.

This time I just hope that we will have to deal with something the same or less the 1994, but I doubt it. TPTB rarely settle for less. They often take a step back just to take a huge leap forward.

If you know history, initial gun grabs in other formerly-free countries have been accomplished by deception and treachery, not an all out frontal assault. Unfortunately for the 2A, gun people can't even see they are being played for fools so it is a lost cause eventually.

Maybe now Glock will see a market for a slim, single stack 9mm or .45ACP like the Kahr. Glock has consistently claimed "there's no market for such a gun" despite the obvious. Now they have a whole state where you can't have more than 7 rounds per mag - thus forcing a market for them... hope the poor bastards in New York challenge this crap and toss Cuomo and the likes out on their duffs. How much longer can they go that way with their heads in their rectums? Seriously?

They already have a Single Stack .45ACP, the Glock 36. It also has a 6 round mag.

What is ex post facto breech?

Legislatures cannot past ex post facto laws; meaning that they cannot pass a law that would retroactively change behavior or laws that were legal at the time it was committed to something illegal and something the state can prosecute you for.

Basically the State cannot change the rules mid-game and say that the perfectly legal thing you did in 1991 that is now illegal in 2013 can land you in trouble. Likewise they cannot make it so the "crime" is more severe now than before (e.g. stealing something in 1998 led to probation, but now you should be thrown in prison for that prior offense).

The claim is if there is no grandfather clause for 10 round magazines then by default it is an ex post facto law because it now is criminalizing a perfectly legal act (purchase and possession of a 10 round magazine) retroactively.

Hope that clears it up, legal speak is like medicine. Pumped full of Latin words and phrases so it sounds fancier than it is.

All law enforcement officers and security officers should be required to carry no more than 7 rounds in NY. If they complain that the criminals will out gun them, then why doesn't this logic apply to the public?

Being that New York is all safe now, LEO's should be only allowed single shot whistles.

Under the new proposed federal rules my Ruger 10/22 will become an "Assault Rifle" and illegal because I put an adjustable-folding stock on it.
Same with my Mossberg 500 pump shotgun which I put and adjustable, recoil absorbing stock on...............just so stupid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top