JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a semi-decent 7.65 FEG-made "Hege Waffen" PA66. It needs some company. (It also needs a rebluing or ceracote...mechanically it's flawless....appearance-wise, not so much.)So I'm looking again...and wondering which I should be focusing on. Walthers, Manurhins, Sigs, etc. are a bit too spendy for my budget for this kind of gun. It'll be a range toy....I carry either a Shield in 9 or .45 or a Sig 245 or M&P .45 2.0.So what should I be looking at in terms of value, reliability, safety, shootability?I did a quick cruise though Gunbroker...and I'm wondering should I be considering such as: Tanfoglio, Ortgies, Savage, the CZ 50/70s, or what have you. I won't be thinking of a .380 as it's hard to beat my wife's Shield 380ez or my Sig 250 380)So what's good out there? Anyone have some experiences with these they'd like to share. (Note: I will be looking at all the higher priced guns and hoping for a "steal," but I'd like to take a look at stuff under $400 (well under!!).

I think right now the best .32's you can get for well under $400 are both Eastern European surplus police pistols. Specifically the Zastava model 70 and the CZ-50 or CZ-70.

The Zastava is basically a scaled-down Tokarev (although using blowback action instead of a locked breech) whereas the CZ is somewhat similar to the Walther PP. Both are all steel, durable, reliable designs and currently available for around $250.

I've got a semi-decent 7.65 FEG-made "Hege Waffen" PA66. It needs some company. (It also needs a rebluing or ceracote...mechanically it's flawless....appearance-wise, not so much.)So I'm looking again...and wondering which I should be focusing on. Walthers, Manurhins, Sigs, etc. are a bit too spendy for my budget for this kind of gun. It'll be a range toy....I carry either a Shield in 9 or .45 or a Sig 245 or M&P .45 2.0.So what should I be looking at in terms of value, reliability, safety, shootability?I did a quick cruise though Gunbroker...and I'm wondering should I be considering such as: Tanfoglio, Ortgies, Savage, the CZ 50/70s, or what have you. I won't be thinking of a .380 as it's hard to beat my wife's Shield 380ez or my Sig 250 380)So what's good out there? Anyone have some experiences with these they'd like to share. (Note: I will be looking at all the higher priced guns and hoping for a "steal," but I'd like to take a look at stuff under $400 (well under!!).

The Ortgies is a nice slim reliable unit , but had to find parts for .I like the back strap safety and the point ability . It is alot like a John Browning creation. .If you get one buy extra firing pins. I would go with the zastava m70 32 acp Everything zastava makes is solid and built to last.

Occasionally you'll find Colt 1903's for under $400 as well, though these won't be the most pristine examples. Definitely one of the nicest .32's of all time.

upload_2018-6-16_15-24-38.jpeg

Many thanks to all who offered their expertise, experience, and opinions on which .32acp to look for.

I put an ad in the WA Armslist and got a response....a choice of a Colt 1903 for $450 or Mauser 1914 for $350. With all the advice I got I was over the Colt like a cold sweat.

Picked it up today and it's in great shape for a 100 year old gun (it was made in 1918).

Paid $400 and I'll have it to the range tomorrow or Wednesday. What a sweet little gun. Comfortable, fills the hand even for its size, bore is in good+ shape and while there's no real bluing left the finish is much better than the pictures kinda show.

Again, thanks to all who made suggestions, sort of....there were a couple of guys really behind the Savage 1907 (and I got some suggestions for a Beretta model 70), now I'll be looking for one of those!

0618181652_HDR.jpg 0618181653_HDR.jpg

The Ortgies is a nice slim reliable unit , but had to find parts for .I like the back strap safety and the point ability . It is alot like a John Browning creation. .If you get one buy extra firing pins. I would go with the zastava m70 32 acp Everything zastava makes is solid and built to last.
I love my Ortgies .32. I lucked out and got one that looked like it just shipped from the factory. I'd desperately like to find a .380 barrel for it, but it looks like they're all off the market now. Great firearms for their time.

I went a little gonzo with this particular .32 ACP (SBRed and suppressed vz61) ...

393515-f9f5156d1d466b27636a64c02084f31f.jpg

OK, more seriously, we've had good luck with the Kel-Tec P32 and Tomcat 3032 for pocket pieces. Both of those would be around the four C-note zone you're looking at. I really like the PPK/S, though ours is in .380 ACP, and I don't think an original can a had at that rate though.

Beyond that, while I have no experience with them, AIM Surplus has Zastava 70 for less than three bills.

Cheers. :)

I went a little gonzo with this particular .32 ACP (SBRed and suppressed vz61) ...

View attachment 490349

OK, more seriously, we've had good luck with the Kel-Tec P32 and Tomcat 3032 for pocket pieces. Both of those would be around the four C-note zone you're looking at. I really like the PPK/S, though ours is in .380 ACP, and I don't think an original can a had at that rate though.

Beyond that, while I have no experience with them, AIM Surplus has Zastava 70 for less than three bills.

Cheers. :)
My wife has a Tomcat with the new wider slide they added to prevent frame cracking. Nice little pistol, especially the tip up barrel feature

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top