JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mosin it is Russian copy of K98( So 7.62x54 have almost same ballistics as 7x57 Mauser). Same as handgun TT copy of Browning 1922.

having both a mosin and a mauser 98 style weapon, the mosin is not a copy of the mauser. (Just as an aside, the Mosin was designed in 1891, the K98 in 1898. Kinda hard to be a copy of a weapon not yet designed....)

Wikipediais is to be trusted for correct information...not.

Forward locking lugs does not make it a K98 close. Just as the removable bolt head does not make it a Lee Enfield clone.

However in this case the information is correct. The Mosin action is different from both the Mauser and the Lee Enfield, however it does share some similarities in very basic design.

Any pics? I can only imagine the wound damage on big game from 7.62x54R.

Every time someone asks me what caliber my Mosin is I say that it's like a 30-06 Magnum. Then I show them my chipped front tooth from shooting it. I love my Mosin- except when I have to clean it!

Sorry Riot lost track of this post. We lost 7 yrs worth of our photos when our house flooded. it sucked and the ones we had scanned to our puter of course was the puter that went under water and shorted out big time. I didnt go hunting this year couldnt afford the tags. As soon as i get some pics I will post them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top