JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering what something like this might be worth if anything beyond wolf or tula prices.

Norinco 7.62x39 steel core. Pulled bullet and cut open. Appears to be the steel jacket with a very very thin layer of lead then the steel core. I am able to make marks in the steel with a file.

20160329_193028.jpg

It's worth much less, I'll take all of it off your hands cheap...

Kidding. Definitely worth more than the price tag on it says. Prices fluctuate a lot, and it seems to depend on just finding the right buyer. I would say from 50 cents to a dollar a round. Completed listings on gunbroker seemed to be between .50-.75 cents a round.

So yeah. Definitely worth more than typical Russian stuff.

It's desirable because people think it armor piercing, and legally it is, though practically it is not.

My understanding is that the soft steel/iron core was used in M43 ammunition for economic reasons mostly. Personally I wouldn't pay more than "shooting ammo" price for it, but on the other hand some people certainly will. I have a couple tins of the stuff I should sell someday. I sure can't afford to shoot it, as much as some are willing to pay for it.

Wow, norinco ammo, that stuff has not aged well, buddy of mine found a case of it someone had stashed for Y2K, and brought it out to the desert, after a few misfires, a squib and some feeling that the stuff was way hotter than it should have been. We threw the rest of it out. This stuff shot ok back in the day, I don't think they used any stabilizers in the powder, and it's deteriorated badly over the years. I would not shoot this, if you want, keep it as a collectors item (this stuff was banned from import ~1995 IIRC), but it's junk, not actually AP, and dangerous to fire.

PS: It was banned from import because it was made by the chinese arms company, not because it was fun or dangerous at the time.

You must have had some that was stored badly or something. I shot some norinco ammo a couple years ago and it shot like it was made yesterday.

The good ol' days!!

As said above, it's not practically AP. Only legally. True AP will have a black tip. There is a very small amount out there but it's collector value puts it in the 'too expensive to shoot"*

*unless the zombie hordes at the door

You must have had some that was stored badly or something. I shot some norinco ammo a couple years ago and it shot like it was made yesterday.

Yea, I've shot 100 year old ammo that was kept at the back of a camel pen in turkey that shot better than this stuff. I think by far the worst ammo I ever fired was POF (paki) .303 brit. Every round that went off was a hang fire of about 2-3 seconds, which was only about every 4-5th round... absolute garbage.

Anyone pulled the projectiles from Norinco ammo? Would it be worth it?
I mean its just mild steel.
If the charges sucked as stated causing possible squibs Id assume not shoot mine. I did buy it only for collector value. I have about 8-20 boxes of the mild steel core Norinco ammo.. It'd be nice to use some of the projectiles in a proper load.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top