JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picking up a mini 30 and beginning to realize the lack of good affordable ammo out there. Any advice on reloading this cartridge? Where to purchase brass and/or which brass is best for reloading it. Powder and bullet suggestions. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

I am in the same boat.....sorta...started buying 7.62x39 because it was available, including brass, primers, and powder....still havent found any bullets yet though. I found hornady brass on the shelf at local bi mart a couple of times now.

Where/what projectiles are you using? I've been loading 5.45x39 but not yet 7.62x39.
I was going to go with the nosler, polymer green tipped, 123gr .310 cal. I have always used grafs.com for my online orders of reloading stuff but they are now very very sold out of everything just like everywhere else.

Check your bore dia. Some of the US rifles marked 7.62x39 are .308. I have a Colt Sportsman barrel on mine and it must be .310 as it shoots both dia. equally well.
I've read up a bit on that. Good mention. Im thinking it should be fairly easy to find that out on the 30. I keep forgetting to look into that.

Brass for this cartridge used to run about .32 per case new - For .39 you could get S&B boxer primed factory ammo to reload. That was the route I took for all my brass and it's holding up fine. I've run into brass case berdan primed ammo so make sure of what you're buying ;)

I load fiochi once fired brass from factory ammo and also jag new brass I got on sale awhile back. All seems ok. My barrels are .310 but have tried just about every reasonable projectile between 110 and 150gr both .308 and .310. The three I kind of have settled on are 123gr speer gold dots, 123 nosler varmegeddons and 123 hornady soft points. Powders that work best for me are A2200, A1680. Problem is finding components so I would try whatever you can procure. Have fun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top